vBulletin 3.0: New Style Set

smcguire

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
But seriously, it sounds like this is an issue with some of the more obscure browsers. I will be sure to let the vBulletin folks know so it can be corrected for an upcoming version.
I've been away for a while but I wanted to come back and comment on this... considering that Safari is now the default browser for Mac OS X, I'm not sure it qualifies as "obscure." I suppose you could try to argue that Macs are "obscure" computers, but...

There's a lot of websites that don't work quite right or don't work at all with Macintoshes. Considering the web wasn't originally meant to be platform-specific, that's really a shame, and it would be too bad if Muppet Central became one of those sites.

By the way, I was once again instantly rerouted to the "you must register" screen when I visited the forum today, even though this is the same computer I visited it on the last time and cleared out my cookies. So it appears this will be a recurring problem for the browsers it happens in.

There are also some small layout glitches in the new vBulletin software in Safari - for instance, the "Quote message in reply" checkbox in the Quick Reply section doesn't get drawn inside the "options" box.

--Scott M.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Scott,

Thanks for the feedback. Some of these issues will be corrected after an upgrade to VB3 RC1. I don't have an exact date for this yet but stay tuned to the announcements folder. In the meantime make sure you have the latest version of Safari installed. We want to do everything possible to keep the site functional for Mac users.