Bear on ABC/Disney Christmas Parade

jeremyactor

Reaction score
I saw the appearance... it didn't look like the real bear costume to me - the arms were not connected, so the right arm was simply limp the whole time, like the puppet they use in the Playhouse Disney show across the street at the Disney MGM Studios. I guess that makes sense to me, why would they lug a whole bear costume down to Orlando in order to tape 1 appearance when they have a number of them down in the park anyways? He did a good job - wish I could have been there to see it.

Jeremy

Princess Melora

Reaction score
jeremyactor said:
I saw the appearance... it didn't look like the real bear costume to me - the arms were not connected, so the right arm was simply limp the whole time, like the puppet they use in the Playhouse Disney show across the street at the Disney MGM Studios. I guess that makes sense to me, why would they lug a whole bear costume down to Orlando in order to tape 1 appearance when they have a number of them down in the park anyways? He did a good job - wish I could have been there to see it.

Jeremy
It was indeed the real costume. The left arm is pinned deliberately, as not to catch on any unsuspecting child. It's easy to tell because the MGM Bears are all uniformly gold, while TV Bear has shades, variations in texture and color, and shadowing around the eyes.