Kermit and Miss Piggy's relationship

Pug Lover

Reaction score
Kermit and Miss Piggy did tie the knot at the end of The Muppets Take Manhatten.But I currently wonder if they're still married.Nothing really seems to suggest that they are.For instance,in A Muppet Family Christmas Miss Piggy is referred to as Kermit's friend,not his wife.In Muppets From Space,they each have their own bedroom.You see what I mean?It's a little bit confusing.I realise that A Muppet Christmas Carol and Muppet Treasure Island had them in roles unrelated to their usual characters.Besides,it seemed that Miss Piggy had tricked Kermit into marriage in the first place.So it makes me wonder. :smile: :mad:

jediX

Reaction score
As much as Piggy has schemed to have them get married, the end of the movie is merely part of the Manhattan Melodies musical they are putting on and not reality. There was a similar wedding-type situation on TMS before, as well.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Yes, it was a movie. Of course there are two ways to look at this.

1. The Normal Way.

Kermit in his MTM role was tricked into marrying Piggy in the movie. He though that Gonzo in his MTM role was going to play the minister. They get married in the movie, but the "real" Kermit and Piggy aren't married outside their MTM movie roles.

2. The Abnormal/My Way

"Real" Kermit breaks his MTM character and says to "real" Piggy that he thought "real" Gonzo was going to play the "fake" minister. Instead "real" Piggy got a "real" minister and married "real" Kermit while making the movie MTM. That would make the married in "real" life.

It's difficult to tell since in MTM they used the characters' real names. Of course it's most likely that the 1st one in true. Mine idea is just another way to look at it.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
There's another thread about the marriage of Kermit and Piggy which includes an email I got from JHC in response to my question about them, and JHC sides with Kermit that they did not get married, it was part of the movie script, but they have got an 'interesting' business relationship.

If they ever were to get married half the fun of the Kermit/Piggy Saga would be over.

Drtooth

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
"Real" Kermit breaks his MTM character and says to "real" Piggy that he thought "real" Gonzo was going to play the "fake" minister. Instead "real" Piggy got a "real" minister and married "real" Kermit while making the movie MTM. That would make the married in "real" life.
I always wondered that... always! It seems like that could happen. If you ever see these characters performed in person (i.e. like the Barnes and Nobel Kermit appearance) , you still wouldn't get a straight answer: Kermit will keep denying and Piggy will keep affirming it...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I stick with the JHC who says Kermit is right; you already know that Miss Piggy has always made that rumor up, even on TMS before TMTM she had Fleet Scribbler who was a rumors columnist trying to make stories about their so-called marriage.

Heh--I just got it. Fleet is an enema for folks whose bowels get stopped-up, and a scribbler is someone who just puts doodles on paper, or 'dood'les--get it?

jediX

Reaction score
LOL Just got that, too. All of the Elec. Mayhem band members (I dunno about Animal....yet) seem to have names like that, too.

Gusworld

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Heh--I just got it. Fleet is an enema for folks whose bowels get stopped-up, and a scribbler is someone who just puts doodles on paper, or 'dood'les--get it?
I always assumed the Fleet was a reference to Fleet Street, which is historically where all of Britain's newspapers used to be located. Even though all of them are now moved, Fleet Street is still widely understood as a reference to the 'fourth estate'.

Cheers
Gus

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Well, seeing as my thoughts on it was all regarding bowel movements, I guess we know either 1) that my brain is in the gutter or 2) i have no historical knowledge about what the heck is going on! LOL!!

You're probably 100% right, though.

FOZ

WiGgY

Reaction score
Gusworld said:
I always assumed the Fleet was a reference to Fleet Street, which is historically where all of Britain's newspapers used to be located. Even though all of them are now moved, Fleet Street is still widely understood as a reference to the 'fourth estate'.

Cheers
Gus
I think you are probably right. The show had a UK feel to it. Makes sense since it was made there.