Favorite Sesame Street Books

Xerus

Reaction score
I remember liking the Sesame Street ABC Storybook where it featured stories like Bert and the Beanstalk where Bert took a bunch of bottlecaps from a giant. The Terrible Tickler whose a western bad guy who goes around tickling innocent people! And Guy Smiley hosting name that G word.

I also liked Cookie Monster and the Cookie Tree too. Whenver I read that book as a kid, I always imagined Jerry Nelson voicing that witch and Richard Hunt doing the Cookie Tree.

And one called The King's Cauliflower Castle. Where a King wanted the biggest castle in the world and ordered his royal carpenter Biff to build it. But it was so big, it covered the entire kingdom of Cauliflower. I've always imagined Jim Henson voicing that king.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I remember a really cool book where the Count was hosting a birthday part for himself in his castle. I remember it especially because the cake had so many layers! It was absolutely huge, yet cut like a regular cake (so that each piece was a big tower). Food was always one of the most important things to me, and that's still the one illustration from the book that sticks out in my mind.

Now I'm hungry for cake!

:smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think I have that one with a record... was it, "the Count counts a party?"

salemfan

Reaction score
As a youngster, I was extremely fond of, "Wanted:The Great Cookie Thief", a Cookie Monster story set in the Wild West. He is stealing all the cookies in town, and the sheriff is looking for clues of him. When the sheriff has all 4 clues and tries to arrest Cookie Monster, Cookie says he doesn't have the same mustache and secretly draws one in the picture. The people think they were wrong, but soon Cookie Monster spills out all the stolen cookies from his hat, which says he is.....Oooh! THE GREAT COOKIE THIEF! Then he runs away. I originally had this on VHS, then I bought it in book form on eBay. I used to imagine myself in this story when I was at nursery school, play group, or any other place where I went to play with kids in a group.

salemfan

Reaction score
Xerus said:
I remember liking the Sesame Street ABC Storybook where it featured stories like Bert and the Beanstalk where Bert took a bunch of bottlecaps from a giant. The Terrible Tickler whose a western bad guy who goes around tickling innocent people! And Guy Smiley hosting name that G word.

Yes, I know that book. One of my favorites in that book was the Amazing Mumford's Vanishing Trick, when he tries to make a violin vanish, but he makes his clothes vanish instead-and he's in nothing but his underwear while the violin is still there.

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
Definetly Monster at the end of the book, and im partial to the Sesame Street Library (the OLD ones) and just, any of the old ones, I have quite a collection (I get them for grage sales and thrift stores) I also like the one "Bed Time Stories" printed I think in 69 or 70