A Muppet Puppet Builder's Portfolio

RoloCorgi

Reaction score
ravagefrackle said:
well nothing was changed on him on purpose, i didnt work on TV bear until the last 2 seasons, i imagine it had morfe do do with wear and tear , when i built the new Bear head for the last two seasons of the show, we were trying to match the esablished bear which had seen quite abit of use
That's interesting...I guess I haven't seen a lot of the middle years of Bear, I've mostly seen early episodes and last-season ones, so the difference seemed very marked to me and I would never have expected Bear Pattern Baldness as a possible cause. :wink: Thanks so much for the info!

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Great, photos, all James. I have to ask you do you take a different approach when building the marionettes as opposed to the hand and rod puppets, or is basically the same with just more consideration for the movement? I particularly love the Griffin and Dragon marionettes....absolutely beautiful detail...

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
umm, i guess i do,

i can be more loose with neck and body lengths and withs, since a hand does not have to work it, weight is an issue as is making joints that wont get stucks and will move well with little effort on the puppeteers part, they can be much more complicated

MelissaY1

Reaction score
ravagefrackle said:
umm, i guess i do,

i can be more loose with neck and body lengths and withs, since a hand does not have to work it, weight is an issue as is making joints that wont get stucks and will move well with little effort on the puppeteers part, they can be much more complicated

Thanks for the response, James. I was showing my sister your site last night and she also was very impressed. What were the Canadian puppets (the bear, pig, etc.) made for? Those were a personal favorite. :smile:

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
MelissaY1 said:
What were the Canadian puppets (the bear, pig, etc.) made for? :smile:
have not a clue,
freelance job, hired built shipped, do not know what happened to them