When you outgrew Sesame Street...

• Thread starter Philo and Gunge
  • Start date

Erine81981

Reaction score
My parents think its ok but when I mention I want to buy stuff off ebay or trade stuff w/ ya'll they think its not the end of the world if u don't record anything for them. They don't care its jut money wise as in I don't need to buy alot of stuff w/ my money and I wouldn't be broke but most the time I'm not its not really ebay that I get broke from its spending it on food as in just ordering out alot or buying stuff that they think I don't need. Its like for christmas my dad said "Ur just hard to buy for." and I said sorry and he then said "I'm sorry." don't recall why he said that. Its almost like he meant we shouldn't have introduce u to the muppets. Thats how it came out to me.

ssetta

Reaction score
Pug Lover said:
When I reached the first grade in school at age seven,my mom and I had come to an agreement that I was past the Sesame Street stage.And I haven't tuned into the show on a regular basis since.However I still have fond memories of the show.I currently have a friend who likes to share Sesame Street stories with me.And I enjoy that.I even taped Christmas Eve On Sesame Street when it was seen on TV two years ago,and added it to my ever expanding video library. :stick_out_tongue: :frown:
Ah, so she actually didn't let you watch Sesame Street anymore?

Pug Lover

Reaction score
Not quite.I just recall looking at the toys in the yearly Christmas catalogue of that year,and suggesting certain Sesame Street related toys.My mom kindly told me that I was getting too old for Sesame Street toys.That was when we agreed that I was beyond the so called Sesame Street stage.As I recall,I had stopped watching it regularly by that time anyway.

P

Philo and Gunge

Not to dig up an old topic but...

This morning I was taping #4031 (I have been waiting for this episode for a long time!) when my mom came into my room and said "Your scaring me with this Sesame Street nonscene, your getting too old for it!".

So, she's about 90% agianted me watching SS. In the Henson company I can buy stuff from all productions except:
Sesame Street
BITBBH
Muppet Babies (I think she would)

She could care less about it being Henson related, but she dosn't mind my brother watching. In 2003, I got (SS related):
Nanco Cookie Monster plush
Muppet Magic from the Ed Sullivan Show
Out of this World program

Boy, I just remembered the year my grandpa died :frown: For that Christmas he got me SS PVC's and the Sesame Street Unpaved Book.

Don_Music_2004

Reaction score
Iv'e had problems with people throughout the years for still liking Sesame Street. I remember when I was in 3rd grade my school Library had a whole bunch of Sesame Street Magazines that went back as far as 1980. At the time it was 1990. Every week my Librariain would call out our names and what book we had out that week and we would walk up and give it to her then sit down. Well the time came for me to turn in my book and she said "Andrew, Sesame Street Magazine." and the whole class started laughing hysterically. I'll never forget how embarassed I was that day. Another time it was my 7th birthday and every year up until then I would get a Sesame Street charachter on my Birthday cake. That year I told my mom I wanted an Oscar Cake, and she told me I was too old for that, and getting too old for sesame street. I never really could understand why people make such a big deal about older kids watching Sesame Street and why so many people make fun of it. The way I see it, if you like it, and you enjoy it, and your'e not doing any harm to anyone by watching it, then letter B, I mean let it be. LOL! :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I never outgrow Sesame Street... in fact the only thing close is Outgrowing having to see the same darn 26 episodes a million times... :stick_out_tongue:

P

Philo and Gunge

Don_Music_2004 said:
The way I see it, if you like it, and you enjoy it, and your'e not doing any harm to anyone by watching it, then letter B, I mean let it be. LOL! :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
It is harming someone, my mom.

ssetta

Reaction score
Well, maybe it's just because you're older, and your mom has that wierd opinion that, you know, you shouldn't really be doing stuff that you did when you were younger, you should be "Movin' On", like that song they use on Play With Me Sesame. Everyone in my family understands my interest, but my former psychiatrist said that he would rather me watch something more age-appropriate like Discovery or National Geographic.

manoftheSTREET

Reaction score
Speaking for myself, nobody has ever been bothered by my watching of the program. I'm 21 and I enjoy it more than when I was a kid, since I can pick up on pop-culture references, celebrity cameos and musical cues I wouldn't have otherwise.

Sincerely,

John "manoftheSTREET" Kilduff...

Well, there was this one teacher, but she had a couple of screws loose anyway.