What are your stories?

puppets_etc

Reaction score
It's been a while....

Hi everyone. I just realized it's literally been years since I posted last.:embarrassed:

I finally finished school, I am offically a Graphic Designer (notice the caps...) and working in the field at a job I really love. My three girls are not so much girls anymore as two legal adults and one teenager. I'm also a grandma (makes me sound so much older when I say it out loud). My husband is in Iraq on a civilian contract for the rest of the year. Keep him in your thoughts and prayers please.:flirt:

I've also picked up a new past time: riding my Harley Davidson. I also managed to find some images online of many of the muppets on bikes. Sweet! (check out the new avatar)

Anyway, just wanted to say hello since it's been so long. Anxiously awaiting the release next week of Season 3, and also just started downloading Farscape from iTunes. I also shamelessly admit to getting my neighber at work hooked on the show:wink:.

Hugs to all,

Deb

Crazy31088

Reaction score
Yeah, so I have been coming here for some little time now and just wondered what kinda general info you folks would be kind enough to share about yourselves with a rookie to this board?
Age group?
What brought you here?
Anything else?
I like to know a LITTLE about who I converse with out there!
I'm dreading my last year before I turn 30... And crashing into my past by collecting Muppet action figures. I couldn't tell you very many skits, nor could I tell you what happened in any specific episode, but these characters are the love of my life and I have to have em all. Heck, I'll probably wind up recording my own episodes once I have enough sets built.
A hobby of mine is sculpting so I am currently trying to use that to make custom figs of unprecidented quality (if anyone has any GREAT pics of Astoria, please send em over cause I'm having trouble with her dress and hat over here-YES, I bought an extra Statler to make Astoria) at least unprecidented in my neighborhood!
Favorite Muppet is probably Gonzo or Lew Zealand, least favorite has to be Piggy. I'd take every single Muppet and even Elmo before Piggy.
I've been a poster here off and on since about 2003, I think-I don't post nearly as much as I used to, though I probably should, because the Muppets are often on my mind.

I'm 20 years old, and I've been an admirer of the work of Jim Henson and his associates for as long as I can remember (even though I didn't watch Sesame Street much as a little kid because I was terrified of Placido Flamingo-I made up for it in later years).

What else? Hmm...My main hobby is video tape collecting (which has become sort of a retro interest ever since DVD pretty much took over), on all three main formats of VCR-VHS, Betamax, and 8mm. I just today made a post in the thread about what makes me frown today...what makes me *smile* today is my family, the support of my friends (who I have put through so much), Mountain Dew, and the wall of videotapes that stand alongside my computer, which I just this week finished labeling (it took me six months, but it was well worth it). Other hobbies include studying local history (especially back in Cincinnati, where I grew up), music (playing and listening to), making films, and amusement parks. Unfortunately, I'm also a person with many demons that makes it hard for me to appreciate how beautiful life can be. I like to look back on my past and take on different perspectives of what has happened so I can accept those events and let them go.

My favorite muppet is Grover, and don't have a least favorite-I find something to love in almost all of them (even Placido Flamingo who, while hilarious, still gives me the creeps after so many years).

Yva Minstrel

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

It's ncie to meet up with you, and to know that I'm not the oldest muppet fan here. :halo: But I could be consider a bit nutty. Most of my online contacts call me Yva.

What brought me here: My browser, I did a google search for Muppets because I was looking for some pictures, and found nothing, but I did find this forum. So, I stopped looking for pictures and started hanging out here. Now I've been here half a day, I love it, and feel quite at home here.

Did I mention that I love it? Probably.

I absolutely love Fraggle Rock! :coy: I am also a huge Chris de Burgh and Gene Wilder fan.

Anything else: I am originally from the US, but moved to Germany almost 13 years ago to live. My husband of 13 years is a German citizen and I am not affiliated with the military (I get asked that a lot). I am bilingual, with English and German. I make and collect teddy bears, sing in a choir, and write. The avatar I use is my first hand sewn bear. His name is Kalle and he holds a special place in my heart.

I guess that's it. I guess I'll share more as we go along. :insatiable:

Yva Minstrel

Reaction score
I think he is a very nice looking bear, Yva! :smile:
Oh thank you. That means a lot to me. My husband and I have him on a dresser in our bedroom. Kalle is very soft and cuddly and I am quite fond of him. I don't make too many plush bears, I've started making them from Mohair about fíve years ago. The mohair made here in Germany is some fo the finest in the world and it is also easier to work with than plush. One day, I will have to organize a place online where people can go and look at my bears. I have made probably close to 150 since I started sewing them in 1999. :smile:

wwfpooh

Reaction score

What brought me here: Love of the work that Jim Henson & his associates have done, of course. From the educational enlightenment of Sesame Street, to the wacky wonder of The Muppet Show (and its cute and cuddly cartoon counterpart in Muppet Babies), to the musical memories of Fraggle Rock, and even to non-Muppet fantasty films like Labryinth and The Dark Crystal...I love it all!

Of course, as per my username, I am a fan of the WWF (now the WWE)--especially "The Deadman" The Undertaker, "The Big Red Machine" Kane, "The People's Champ" The Rock, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, "Mrs. Foley's Baby Boy" Mick Foley, & so many others within The Attitude Era (except maybe the high-and-mighty PTA/FCC/ESRB spoof group called appropriately The Right to Censor [RTC]), although today's talent cannot be counted out, as I like such people as Mr. Kennedy [Misterrrrrrrrrrr Kennedy...Ken-ne-dy], Montel Vontavious Porter [M.V.P], and Shad Gaspard & JTG (also known collectively as Cryme Tyme). As well, I will forever be a fan of that silly ol' bear, Winnie the Pooh.

Plus, as you can see, I love collecting references to those things I love and have amassed a lot, even though I most certainly don't--unlike "The One" Billy Gunn--got it all.

And I am sure there's more to follow as time rolls on!

Yva Minstrel

Reaction score
BTW, since I changed avatars, I thought I'd give a shout out about this. I will be trying to get some links done for my bears to share, but it may take me a while. My life's been rather insane as of late.

So, if you're wondering what bear ilikemuppets was referring to, it was my first avatar here, of one of my teddy bears and not the current one I'm using of Cantus. :smile: