Favorite Real-life Films

Nicole

Reaction score
What were your favorite real-life films about real people doing things?

Here are some of my favorites:

1. The crayon factory.

2. The clip about some kids at a school that helped the parents build a playground.

3. The clip about some kids skating at a park and at one point they all held onto a rope.

4. The film that shows how the "Love" stamps with the little brown dog are made.

5. The film about the kids in a snowy climate and the doctor comes to visit them on an airplane.

6. The film about kids going to the dentist. I think it showed everything from "Open wide." to "Drink the water."

7. The film about paving the street. The woman in the background told what happened step by step. First, they clean the street. Next, a dump truck comes and dumps blacktop. Last, they smooth it all out.

Those are some of my favorites. I would love to hear what anyone else's favorite films or clips were.

mupvisiongirl

Reaction score
I vividly remember the crayon factory film- that one always transfixed me as a child. If I saw it today, I would probably drop whatever I was doing and stare at the television :cool:

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
mupvisiongirl said:
I vividly remember the crayon factory film- that one always transfixed me as a child. If I saw it today, I would probably drop whatever I was doing and stare at the television
I agree. The crayon factory one was mesmerizing--something about all those colors. I still think of it today everytime I see a box of crayons. It's a definite classic and still one of my favorite Sesame memories.

camillachick

Reaction score
Wow! I forgot about that Love stamp.
The doctor on an airplane was visiting a small town in Alaska. That clip is on Mairia and Luis' wedding episode which my parents own. The kids of the town get checkups on their eyes, ears, mouth, breathing, and heartbeat. The nurse measures a boy making comments to him like, "(height measurement) My you're tall. 50 pounds. Man you're heavy."

Do you remember a skit about a mailman delivering mail to a rural area by horseback?
Another favorite is the girl who makes a three legged stool by herself and then sits on it.

Zet

Reaction score
The mailman is a personal fave...I remembered the banjo tune since childhood and it was great to see it again on Noggin!

I like the girl making the stool one too.

Some of my 70's faves:

* Street scene (Mexico? not Sesame Street) with latin percussion soundtrack (steel drums too?) where kids get flavored icees.

* Girl rolling around on grass with a blanket, I think she's demonstrating under, over, etc...film is sped up.

* film with the guy making/tossing a pizza

* Dustin Hoffman clown makeup

* nature film with girl and man discussing a river with mellow jazz soundtrack

* I love most of the nature films or songs with Raposo music (people aren't in them though). :wink:

lots more I've forgotten of course...
-Zet

Mister Fred

Reaction score
ALL these things mentioned so far are EXCELLENT and I remember alot of them. I really liked the crayon factory. Here are some more to add to the list.

1. making new paper out of old paper. A little girl goes around with a wagon and picks up old papers and takes them to a factory.

2. making new bottles out of old bottles. A woman comes in a car and drops off old glass bottles at a factory.

3. This is a fairly new one. People at different jobs with a man siging "I WONDER WHAT THERE GONNA DO WHEN THEY GET THERE". The clips are a woman working on a telephone pole, a man at a construction site, a woman in a bakery, and a man thats a farm vet taking care of a cow. This one is pretty good.

4. The woman making a pot or bowl on a potters wheel. This is a very old one.

5. The garabage with the song "YOU GOT TO COMACT IT, COMPRESS IT, RECYCLE, AND MAKE LESS OF IT". I really like oscar the grouch and always wanted to be a garbage man when I was a kid and this is one of my favorites.

Klonoa

Reaction score
Yeah the first thing I thought of was the crayon factory. Guess I'm not the only one!

Also the other similar ones: stamp, paper, bottles, trash.

Anyone remember the 'LOST DOG' one with the OLD printing press. That always fascinated me. Kind of strange since in my job today I do a lot of printing.

I never liked the one about sugar beets because that song was annoying. And I don't like beets.

I think it was discussed somewhere else, but I liked the one with the aardvark and the aardvark song.

There was another with pigs and a "I love being a pig" song that I also think had an animated segment.

And the one kid on the merry go round with the snow cap over his eyes and he just wants to play by himself. "Wellll...why not?"

I know that this isn't technically real life, but later on, after I had gotten past the age of watching Sesame Street regularly, I remember a series of skits with animated people on kitchen utensils, drinking glasses mainly. That was weird. Anyone remember those?

--Klonoa
I love, love loooovvveee...being a pig.

ceecee

Reaction score
Teeney Little Super Guy!

Yes! That was Teeny Little Super Guy. I loved those. I loved the song too.

Other "real life" stuff I liked was of course, the crayon factory, the stamps, and I remember the lost dog poster too. I was so happy that they found their dog. Ace was his name.

Anyone remember the guy with the up and down controller? He'd push "up" and something would go up, like his tie. Push "down" and it would go back down. Then at the end, there was this bridge, and he pushed "down" and it collapsed, and then he ran away.

Klonoa

Reaction score
Aaaaaacccceee! Aaaaaaccccceeeee!

Don't remember the one about up and down.

Another one I remember was hoisting letters onto a building. They were all red.

I liked the skits with the colored numbers that would fly at your face, but I never liked the end parts with the chef that always fell down the stairs. I would feel sorry for him because he might've gotten hurt.

--Klonoa

Don_Music_2004

Reaction score
My favorite one is:

What's it like to be in school? Is it fun? Is it cool? Are there lots and lots of rules ? can I laugh? can I shout? is it inside? Is it out? tell me what's it all about, tell me what's it all about>?

I don't know what year it's from but it was on one of the Unpaved episodes 1446 from 1980