ToyFare #79: Muppet Visual Guide

Moran9969

Reaction score
Does anyone know exactly when this issue of ToyFare will hit shelves?

WiGgY

Reaction score
And people thought the muppet exclusives would slow down this year.

Looks like there are going to be more crossover things, like Super Beaker and Adventure Kermit, at conventions. I wonder why they went with a Gonzo idol and not a Piggy idol.

rexcrk

Reaction score
I gotta get me one of those issues!!!

rexcrk

Reaction score
Hey, does anyone know if this issue of Toyfare is still out? :confused: If it's not, is there any place online I can get it? 'Cause I really want it! :big_grin: :smile:

rexcrk

Reaction score
Well that's odd, today I went to my local A&P (that's the only place I know of that would have it) and they Toyfare #78! ***?! :confused: Not that that's really a bad thing though. I got #78 b/c it had a 16-page thing on the Lord of the Rings figures. I also collect those and I found out I'm only missing a couple figures! :big_grin: Now to find issue #79...

dmx10101

Reaction score
I just got it yesterday at B. Dalton bookstore, It was a very interesting section. I'm looking forward to that Ghost of Samual Arrow figure. I didn't realize there was package variatons on some of the exclusives.

Reaction score
I got it the other day and the guide is amazing! The Muppets also won best toy line of 2003.

jediX

Reaction score
Picked mine up today. Congrats on being published, Phil!

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Hi Phil, I think it's really neat that you worked on some of the information in the mag but I have to say I found a few Muppet facts that are wrong, i'm not sure if this maybe due to Toyfair's part.

At one point at the end of the artical is states if people reading knew some muppet facts one of them stating "Or the name Kermit takes after he loses his memory in the Muppets take Manhattan? (Philip Phil_he was looking at a coffee cup at the time.)"

Yes the name is correct but yet it was Kermit looking at a Zoomalong Gasoline ad "Fill'er up" on the wall in which he got the name from.

Also in the Muppet test at the end it list's Janice as "being a wee bit more, uh, adult , then the rest of the cast" and it has Janice famous self lines, but it lists them all in being from the Great Muppet Caper (besides for the one right "wrong" answer) yet the "Look buddy, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is artistic!" is from the Muppets take Manhattan.

I'm guessing this may have been Toyfair's mix up? There is also one question that I feel is a kind of a trick one, # 5, Which muppet has real human hands? yes we know it's the Swedish Chef as it was Frank Oz's hands but Dr. Teeth is listed as an answer too and yes he does have real human hands used to perform him, they are just covered up, i understand the question is ment for the showing of human flesh hands but still Dr. Teeth has human hands to play the keyboard and such, i just think the question might have been better worded diffrently like if Frank Oz was listed in the question as his hands or maybe the word "actual" human hands showing.

I know this is all nit pickey but does this earn me extra bonus points on this Muppet test? :smile: :wink: