Yahoo! Puppet Groups

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I was just on Yahoo joining one of their puppetry groups and discovered that there are over 230 different ones! Now obviously many probably aren't very good, but still that's a lot of puppetry discussion. Check it out - http://dir.groups.yahoo.com/dir/Entertainment___Arts/Performing_Arts/Puppetry?show_groups=1

Be careful what you click on in some of these though. Since it's Yahoo Groups, some of the groups may not be moderated properly and could contain links to virus-infected files or inappropriate content.

HandySam

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
I was just on Yahoo joining one of their puppetry groups and discovered that there are over 230 different ones! Now obviously many probably aren't very good, but still that's a lot of puppetry discussion. Check it out - http://dir.groups.yahoo.com/dir/Entertainment___Arts/Performing_Arts/Puppetry?show_groups=1

Be careful what you click on in some of these though. Since it's Yahoo Groups, some of the groups may not be moderated properly and could contain links to virus-infected files or inappropriate content.
Oh, cool! Thanks. I had no idea that there were so many people into puppetry. It will be nice to get their ideas as well and be able to talk with them in IM instead of waiting for an email, though I doubt I could like it as much as I do this forum. I've learned quite a lot here.

Whiffert

Reaction score
Yahoo Groups

HandySam said:
Oh, cool! Thanks. I had no idea that there were so many people into puppetry. It will be nice to get their ideas as well and be able to talk with them in IM instead of waiting for an email, though I doubt I could like it as much as I do this forum. I've learned quite a lot here.
I browsed through that list and found that most of the groups are content free :wink: Avoid the ones with the garbledy names.

Whiff-o-matic

HandySam

Reaction score
Whiffert said:
I browsed through that list and found that most of the groups are content free :wink: Avoid the ones with the garbledy names.

Whiff-o-matic
good grief i made the mistake of joining a yahoo group and they are filling up my inbox. :eek:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
If you find a decent one subscribing to the "daily digest" version rather than individual posts helps keep your inbox nice and tidy.

buckshot

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
yeah dude...definitely be careful. a lot of those Yahoo! groups are a pretty misleading. a group might be in the puppet category, but has nothing at all to do w/ puppets. well, at least not the kind of puppets we talk about on this forum. :wink: :concern:

puppets_etc

Reaction score
:smirk: Puppets of the Americas is pretty good. The moderator is pretty diligent about keeping inappropriate content off the boards.

Deb:flirt:

HandySam

Reaction score
Please Unsubscribe! Please!

well i finally got to to stop. :concern: That was filling up my yahoo faster than i could see what they all were and most of them were not even puppet related. wont do that again. :stick_out_tongue: