Arms length puppets

HandySam

Reaction score
You can really mess up a puppet with one of those :wink:

trooper_trent

Reaction score
Iron-Fan said:
I think perhaps we can contact this thread with a ouija board or something.....look its spelling something out....
B......O......R.......I......N........G......... :wink:
HAHAHA!! Genius :crazy:

Iron-Fan

Reaction score
If you are still waiting for your kit.....
had an email from David Pannabecker apparantly he has had problems with his foam suppliers which has now been sorted and he has promised that my kit will be sent out next week....I'll keep you informed as to when it appears! :smile:

trooper_trent

Reaction score
Iron-Fan said:
If you are still waiting for your kit.....
had an email from David Pannabecker apparantly he has had problems with his foam suppliers which has now been sorted and he has promised that my kit will be sent out next week....I'll keep you informed as to when it appears! :smile:
Thanks. I have been trying to get in touch with him for 4 weeks now to find out the statis of my order and I can not get him to return a single phone call. THe phone number on his website has been disconnected so I had to find his home phone number on the internet. I do not have an email address for him. Could you email me privately and give me his email address? I really would like to hear from him.
THanks
Trent

Show and Tell

Reaction score
trooper_trent said:
Thanks. I have been trying to get in touch with him for 4 weeks now to find out the statis of my order and I can not get him to return a single phone call. THe phone number on his website has been disconnected so I had to find his home phone number on the internet. I do not have an email address for him. Could you email me privately and give me his email address? I really would like to hear from him.
THanks
Trent
well this really makes me a little concerned about ordering the video from him then. I hope he is still in business.

trooper_trent

Reaction score
me too man. My payment went through immediately and he told me once about 4 weeks ago that it would be sent that monday. But I never heard anything and still havent received it. Everyone that has dealt with him says he is a really nice and honest guy. Im not really worried about being screwed out of 250 dollars but I would like to know SOMETHING.

Jinx

Reaction score
Let's Be Accurate!

I don't enjoy waiting for my kit/video to arrive any more than anyone else, (gad, we ARE an impatient lot, aren't we?) but let's also be careful to be accurate with our posts. Reading this made me wonder how long its been since I placed my order...it seems like ages ago! But then I checked my records, and discover that it hasn't quite been three weeks yet!

Trent mentioned that he's been waiting about 4 weeks, but I remember a post in another thread about when David was going to "be back monday and my order will ship out the first half of next weekd 2 day airmail."

Well, the date of that post is Jan 15, which is exactly 3 weeks ago today. I realize that this may seem like splitting hairs, but 3 is 3, not 4. It makes it seem like a 33% loner wait.

The only reason I bring it up at all, is that in an open forum such as this we can unintentionally (or intentionally!) do damage to a man's reputation.

I do not know Mr. Pannabecker, but from other peoples' posts and the like, I am most confident that he is a man of unimpeachable integrity. I think we can all agree that speed is perhaps not his forté, but the quality of his products speak for themselves.

Also in the other thread Iron-Fan posted this message day before yesterday (2-3-04)

"Got an email from David Pannabecker, apparantly he has had a problem with his foam supplier which has now been sorted and he will be dispatching my kit next week....I'll let you know when it lands..."

And lastly, I can't wait for my kit and video to arrive!

Iron-Fan

Reaction score
Yeah, waiting is pain.....
I called and left a message on his answer phone then backed it up with an email...Trent, I'm pretty sure it was just the contact email addy off the site (but I'll check) but he got back to me in a pretty short time. I suppose you have to understand that somethings take time but I think that a little information and communication with your customers can go a long way even if it was just a mail to all of us on the "waiting" list letting us know about such problems. I'm a big ebayer and I allways keep in contact with my customers at all times, letting them know when things are being dispatched, cheques being banked (thats CHECKS for all you guys, how come you spell everything phonetically? :smile:) etc, it just helps to stop people worrying and sending "did you get my cheque yet?" emails. I was contemplating calling VISA at one point to dispute the charge yhinking I had been fleeced (antron-fleeced geddit?? UK term for having your money taken from you) but the fact that he has a very good reputation in this puppet community (sounds cute)and is a minister (I dont see a man of God ripping me off for a few hundred bucks) has led me to be patient for a bit longer. I imagine that if he had more time to spend on the business side of his puppets or some help with the armslength sales, things would be fine and move along faster but we are all busy people, It's a shame though as even most of his site dosnt work as I would love to see more of his creations and learn some of his techniques.

Phew....that was a long message....Anyway stop your moaning you guys dont know how lucky you have it..Sun, good food, cool stuff to do, while I'm stuck in cold, cold England having to pay hefty shipping fees for my antron and my craft eyes and stuff!!! It's just not fair!!!! waaaaaaaa :cry:

Jinx

Reaction score
Well, we may have sun, good food, cool stuff to do, but you guys have the cool accents! We're just a bunch of uncultured boors over here. We spell it "check" and we also spell it "color" whereas "colour" is far more elegant!

I do agree with you about keeping in touch with customers. I am a frequent ebayer myself (as a buyer, not a seller) and I always appreciate udated information. As with so many things in life, communication is everything!

The other day I ordered some dome-eyes from McGinnnis Puppets, and Vicky has been *extremely* efficient in keeping me updated on all billing/tracking information. From a standpoint of customer service, this truly is excellence in action.

But as we all know, a one-man operation where that man has MANY things on his plate, makes for spreading one's self quite thin!

Iron-Fan

Reaction score
I seem to recall it saying on my order form that there is a six-eight week wait for puppet orders which is usually the norm with mail order delivery products so hang on in there guys...Michelle of Puppet Planet told me that she felt the same then low and behold it turned up and she was very, very pleased with her purchase. In the mean time just go make a sock puppet or something :big_grin:

hey, this thread just keeps on going like the energizer bunny!