Arms length puppets

DPuppets

Reaction score
I have heard through the grape vine...that they may start back up building. Just have to wait for a few and see. But, I think you will see them back here real soon.

trooper_trent

Reaction score
Finished Ardy

Buck-Beaver said:
The real trick is using antron fleece, which is what Ardy's skin appears to be made of. When it's stitched properly, seams on antron fleece are nearly invisible. There are a few old threads here in the forum devoted to this subject.
Yes, Ardy is made of the Antron fleece that came with the armslength kit.
As far as the seams, yes they are nearly invisible, especially through a camera. But, if you take a straight pin you can tug and pull a little on the fibers around the seam and blend them together making the seam TOTALLY invisible. I have been working on his seams and have only done the one around his chin and lip under his nose. I can not see the seam at all.
Here are some pics of the finished Ardy. I think he turned out pretty good and Im really pleased with my first attempt at a real quality puppet.

Finished "Ardy" :
Trent

video567

Reaction score
i went to their site http://www.armslength.com/
and this is what i get...
Arms Length Productions is no longer taking orders on our manufactured puppet line.

so does that only mean they are not making puppets for people but kits are available? if that is the case then that works for me

thank you all

Iron-Fan

Reaction score
Great Job Trent!

A nice piece of work, Ardy has turned out very well...now you have set a bench mark that the rest of us must build our kits to (if mine ever turns up)...
I look forward to the return of Arms Length if they are planing to go into production again...time to dust off the VISA card......

Show and Tell

Reaction score
Puppet_Builder said:
I typed in David Pannabecker's name in MSN and got a serch page with "pick-me.com on it. It sparked my interest because of following this thread and so I checked it out and found 5 puppet kits instead of the four you have seen in the past on his site. http://www.pick-me.com/puppets/pup5.htm
I got a call last night from pick-me.com. They told me that they have pulled the kits and anything ArmsLength from their shelves. The site I posted with the 5 kits is no longer selling those kits. :cry: Sounded like a cool way for Dave to make out on his design and not have to worry so much about the sales end of it. Oh well as long as he still sells the kits on his site. Too bad he doesn't still have the black guy. I would have gotten him too.

Iron-Fan

Reaction score
Finally!!!!!

YAY! My kit has finally arrived and my long hard wait is over!
I have a day off work today and after walking the dog it is time to settle down and watch those videos before I tackle the kit....and by a quirk of fate my super 74 and 77 3M sprays both turned up today too.....and it's sunny here in England today as well....MARVELLOUS!!!! :smile:

Jinx

Reaction score
Well, it sounds like a great day to be "across the pond"!

I actually watched my videos several times before having the time to get down to business with the actual puppet. I spent Friday evening beginning the sewing, and then ALL day Saturday working on it as well. I got the basic puppet done on Sat., and spent a little bit of time yesterday applying eyes and a nose. So now all I need to do is add ears and hair and he'll be finished!

And what a learning experience this has been for me. I really know you're going to enjoy it yourself! Have fun!

trooper_trent

Reaction score
Jinx said:
And what a learning experience this has been for me. I really know you're going to enjoy it yourself! Have fun!
I agree, I can't tell you how much I learned by just doing that one puppet. I feel like I could make all kinds of professional looking characters now from just watching the videos and learning as I go.
Have a blast! Lets see some pics Jinx!
Trent

Show and Tell

Reaction score
Iron-Fan said:
YAY! My kit has finally arrived and my long hard wait is over!
I have a day off work today and after walking the dog it is time to settle down and watch those videos before I tackle the kit....and by a quirk of fate my super 74 and 77 3M sprays both turned up today too.....and it's sunny here in England today as well....MARVELLOUS!!!! :smile:
WOW!!!!!!!!:excited: It's actually sunny in England?

Jinx

Reaction score
Pictures of the process

Well, as per Trent's request, I've posted a few pictures. They are mostly of the puppet during the various phases of contruction, culminating with a picture of the almost finished puppet.

You can view the pictures at:

http://home.mcn.net/~fantom/alp1.html

Let me know what you think!

Jinx