Arms length puppets

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
DPuppets said:
David supplied the same size materials as for the other kits so the hand strap for the mouth plate was much too big and I was afraid it wouldnt fit inside the foam head properly. I did a little tweaking and it turned out wonderful. edited for typos[/QUOTE said:
I had this same exact problem...... I know I'm late in posting but I was doing a search and happened to be reading.

Anyway, I abanded the strap all together because I ended up ripping the foam in the corner of the mouth while trying to force it to fit. Kinda ticked me off so it was a flying projectile for a few seconds before I retreived it and cut the strap off. :stick_out_tongue:

Show and Tell

Reaction score
Puppetplanet said:
Anyway, I abanded the strap all together because I ended up ripping the foam in the corner of the mouth while trying to force it to fit. Kinda ticked me off so it was a flying projectile for a few seconds before I retreived it and cut the strap off. :stick_out_tongue:
:eek: Got a bit of a temper don't ya.

Show and Tell

Reaction score
OK its been 1 day shy of a month since I ordered my videos and kit from ALP. Should be coming any day now.....I hope. I have just tried my bes to forget about it since the saying a watched pot never boils has been keeping me awake at night.:smirk:

Show and Tell

Reaction score
YAAAY!! I just got my kit! Checked it out and VERY nice indeed. It's too late to watch the videos so I'll wait for my day off. I was thinking of making my kit into a girl just because no one has yet that has posted but I need a skipper for sunday school in 2 weeks so since I need a new face I think I'm going to have to make him a guy puppet. I will make a girl one soon with this pattern.

trooper_trent

Reaction score
Puppet_Builder said:
YAAAY!! I just got my kit! Checked it out and VERY nice indeed. It's too late to watch the videos so I'll wait for my day off. I was thinking of making my kit into a girl just because no one has yet that has posted but I need a skipper for sunday school in 2 weeks so since I need a new face I think I'm going to have to make him a guy puppet. I will make a girl one soon with this pattern.
Cool! have fun! Make sure you REALLY play around with the positions of the eyes and nose if you are going to make it a girl. The orientation of the facial features could really sell the idea of it being female.
I played around with mine for about an hour solid, making different faces. It was cool because Id move them a certain way and think "hmm, old man" then "hmm, young boy," then "wow, little girl" All with just the eyes and nose.
Good luck.

Show and Tell

Reaction score
URGH! and not only is the second video messed up but I'm missing a few parts like the red material for the mouth, the carpet foam thumb cup liner, and the pattern page for the antron fleece neck. The spandex neck sleeve was cut wrong too. I think I got a slopped together kit :frown: This is not good! I needed this puppet for the following Sunday. I paid $15 for the shipping and I see it only cost him $7.50 to mail it to me so I hope he sends me the missing stuff fast.

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
Puppet_Builder said:
URGH! and not only is the second video messed up but I'm missing a few parts like the red material for the mouth, the carpet foam thumb cup liner, and the pattern page for the antron fleece neck. The spandex neck sleeve was cut wrong too. I think I got a slopped together kit :frown: This is not good! I needed this puppet for the following Sunday. I paid $15 for the shipping and I see it only cost him $7.50 to mail it to me so I hope he sends me the missing stuff fast.
This can easily be fixed in time for your deadline:

Red Mouth Fabric- Very similar to red flannel sold at Joanns for about $3 if you purchase 1/4 of a yard.

The cup liner: Is shammy fabric which is sold at car part stores like OneStop, Autozone, etc. Look in the area where they sell car wax and stuff to wash your car.

To replace your antron fleece pattern, just trace the cut piece of fabric that was included in your kit.

To fix the spandex neck sleeve, you can either reshape the current piece or buy a new piece of fabric for about $2 (less than 1/2 a yard) and use your pattern to replace it.

As for shipping, it is clearly stated as shipping and handling. You are paying for his time and effort to package the box nicely as you received it with the items in neatly packed storage bags and his drive to the post office. It's not uncommon to pay handling charges.

Hope the information helped!
-Michele

PS: I would be willing to make a copy of my 2nd video to replace your defective one..... Buck or Dpuppets, do you know if this is illegal or if David would mind? (only charge would be actual cost of tape & shipping)

Show and Tell

Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like such a whiner. It's just that I paid alot for this kit and it freaked me out to find problems with it. I sent Dave a letter letting him know about it and I'm sure he will take care of it as soon as he can. I wasn't implying that he was trying to rip me off. :smile: