Wubbulos World DVD's

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
As of now, all I see is The Cat's Playhouse DVD. Has anyone heard on the possible release of more DVD's? It'd be wonderful if more of this series were available.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think that's the only one planned right now. They released it to coincide with the movie.

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
Well, looks like my wish for a second disc is coming true! Reportedly, April is when volume two is coming out

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
trekkie1701E said:
As of now, all I see is The Cat's Playhouse DVD. Has anyone heard on the possible release of more DVD's? It'd be wonderful if more of this series were available.
If it's any help CTHE will release the show on DVD on 29th March '04 in the UK.

THE WUBBULOUS WORLD OF DR SEUSS
This exciting new release is the latest pre-school offering from Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment Entertainment and is available to buy on VHS and DVD from March 29th 2004.

Based on the hugely successful books by Dr Seuss, who is one of the world's best selling children's author of all time, this DVD is a series of animated programmes based around the characters from the books, re-created in their familiar style by the Jim Henson Company.

Aimed at pre-school youngsters, it features a handful of episodes taken from the TV series featuring The Cat in The Hat and many others, using state-of-the-art animation.

With nearly an hour and a half of animated entertainment, plus extra features including a continuous play option and singalongs, it is sure to keep the kids entertained for hours - and will even put a smile on the adults' faces!

THE WUBBULOUS WORLD OF DR SEUSS
Release Date : 29th March 2004
Format Retail : VHS / DVD
DVD RRP VHS RRP : o12.99 , 8.99?? PLEASE CONFIRM
Certificate :U
Genre : Children's / Animation
Running Time : 86 minutes

info: r2-dvd.org

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Does anyone know are these volumes on DVD the same as the VHS ones released a few years ago, or are they a different set of compilations?

smcguire

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
Does anyone know are these volumes on DVD the same as the VHS ones released a few years ago, or are they a different set of compilations?
The already released "The Cat's Playhouse" DVD includes three episodes: The Cat in the Hat Cleans Up His Act, The Cat in the Hat's Indoor Picnic, The Cat in the Hat's Big Birthday Surprise.

The upcoming "The Cat's Adventures" DVD includes: The Cat in the Hat's First First Day, The Cat in the Hat's Flower Power, and Oh, The People You'll Meet.

Looking around, these appear to be different collections than the VHS releases, although a few of these episodes also appeared on the VHS releases.

(Also note that "The Cat's Playhouse" collection has been released on VHS as well.)

--Scott M.