Happy Birthday: Muppet Central's 6th Anniversary

dbarrie

Reaction score
Happy Birthday Muppet Central! I've been a member of the site for almost as long as it's been around. Needless to say it is one of my favourites. :smile:

OI MuppetFan

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Hmmm, I really don't know what my first Muppet Central memory is. Probably just exploring the whole site and deciding that this was and is one of the best Muppet sites I've seen on the internet.

My favorite part of Muppet Central is probably checking the forums and news pages. I also like to look through the articles and collectibles sections and listen to the radio.

Some new things I'd like to see happen in 2004 would be to finish the episode guide for The Muppet Show's other 3 seasons! And to include episode guides for Muppets Tonight!, The Jim Henson Hour (a nice in-depth one on this would be really good), Fraggle Rock (both live action and animated ones), Dinosaurs, and Muppet Babies. I'd also love to see someone attempt to do an episode guide for Sesame Street's 34 seasons! (actually, a catalogue of the different sketches would be good. ex. Ernie and Bert sketches, Kermit's Sesame Street NewsFlashes, Grover interviewing kids, etc.)

Maybe some video and audio clips of famous scenes from all the Henson series would be cool too. There's lots of things that could be done, but you've done a great job so far. Keep up the good work.

:smile: :concern: :attitude:

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Six years, wow. I can only begin to imagine the party that will be had when the site reaches ten!

1. What is your first Muppet Central memory?

Reading the tributes to Richard Hunt written by his fellow Muppeteers and by MC members. Those deepened my appreciation for him as a performer and a person. And I'd also have to say joining the message board and posting in the Classic Muppets forum, which ultimately led to my friendship with Travelling Matt.

2. What is your favorite part of Muppet Central?

I like reading the articles, especially the tributes and the "Rarely Seen Muppets". I also like going to the forums because the people here are friendly and willing to help out with something like a tape trade.

3. What would you like to see us do in 2004?

I'd like to see more tributes put up, like the ones to Will Lee and Northern Calloway, and at least the episode guide to the third season of The Muppet Show. Also, perhaps a guide to the various Muppet television specials like Rocky Mountain Holiday or Muppet Musicians of Bremensome, and for the lesser-known series like Ghost of Faffner Hall. And I second Byron's suggestion of having a profile/bios section for the Muppet characters. Perhaps us MC members could pitch in by writing them?

-Kim

AnthonyF3

Reaction score
1. What is your first Muppet Central memory?

I had just become a big Muppet fan, in about March or so of 2000, when I stumbled upon MC. I quickly joined the forum, hung around for about a year or so, and then disappeared. Anyway, I had some great times on the old Delphi MC, and I'll never forget them. It was my introduction to online Muppet fandom, and I'll always look back at those early days with fondness.

2. What is your favorite part of Muppet Central?

It was the Rarely Seen Muppet articles, but since those are no more, umm, Smig's cards I guess. Or the radio. Or DW's episode guide. Yeah, that should be it.

3. What would you like to see us do in 2004?

Bring back the Rarely Seen Muppet Articles!

Ken Plume

Reaction score
Well...

Someone mentioned those old buttons and my Steve interview, so I decided to stop by and throw in my birthday tidings as well.

A quarter to the first person who remembers me... :wink:

-Ken
The original "Travelling Matt", now returning to said travels...