Bear in the big blue house

BorkBork

Reaction score
I just saw Bear for the first time ever today. I must say that he is very well operated.
One thing troubled me....how is he operated? He moves both his arms, yet it looks like somene has his arm up his head, sort of like Bigbird.

Does anyone know?

/Anders

beaker

Reaction score
>>>I just saw Bear for the first time ever today. I must say that he is very well operated.
One thing troubled me....how is he operated? He moves both his arms, yet it looks like somene has his arm up his head, sort of like Bigbird.

Does anyone know? <<<

glad ya got to see Bear! While Hoobs actually may now not hit the states for awhile, Bear has been my fave new Muppet franchise since FR ended.

As for Bear, I had no idea til Lorrie(not sure if shes on here anymore, used to be a JHC puppet builder) at mfest described when bear was on stage...theres a tv monitor in the head...and if you look closely at the episodes, there seems to be a clear dental floss like thing through his chest(very apparent, almost distracting on the dvds) so when he moves his right arm his other one moves. I think its like Spinney's Big Bird operation, where another arm moves his mouth. ITs really well done, and a great new character. really, Im very astounded mor eMuppet fans dont love this show...the characters are so darn loveable and the chemistry is great too. I mean Tutter! How can ya go wrong?
The only thing is the formula, as they need to bring Bear and company into the real world.

PS: Am I right about the bear operations? I myself am not ocmpletely sure.

///beaker///

///beaker///

radionate

Reaction score
I think you are right. I too get bugged out when I can see the wire.

fluffmuppet

Reaction score
Wow, I've only seen Bear ONCE before. All I can say is that the characters are automatically loveable!
Kinda reminded me of Sesame Street in a way...but that's a good thing!

I am so glad someone talked about the hand on Bear and Big Bird, that's been bugging me for years!!!! I've always wanted to know how they did that!

~fluff~

beaker

Reaction score
so am i to assume all interest in bear is null? why, in 1999, and 2000 things were so big for our fellow cha cha cha gang. even as of 2001 there were talks of a film. now theres hardly a trace of bear stuff in disney stores, and i still havent read any thoughts on the new season. hmmm.

Blind Pew

Reaction score
Thank you BEAARRRRRRR!

When I first saw the fishing wire, it freaked me out too. I'm over it though.
I am dissapointed about the lack of Bear merchandise. There was a lot of stuff back in 2000, now you're lucky to find a coloring book. I'm still trying to get my hands on a Tutter seeing as I'm up to my ears in bear stuff and he needs his little blue friend.

Does anybody know what time Bear aires on the Disney Channel these days? I used to watch it everyday as I got ready for work. Now it seems they've changed the time it aires and I'm not around to see it. I want to say its 5:00am Chicago time. Can anybody confirm that?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As of earlier this month, Bear's schedule for central standard time is...

Weekdays: 5:30 am and 10:30 am, Weekends: 5-6 am, Disney Channel

Eastern time is an hour later. Henson's current tv schedule for the United States is included on our FAQ.

Blind Pew

Reaction score
Toileteers

So are Pip and Pop.... And Tutter too.... And Ojo.... And Treelo too.

beaker

Reaction score
So has anybody seen the new season? Phil aluded to earlier this year that some new changes were made on it. I Wish they would alter the format somewhat. The opening and ending are always the same 4 seasons later. I also wish they would have some segments that take Bear and company into the real world.
The movie looks to be on the backburner, and Bear mania sadly seems to have died down. Hopefully we'll see a Bear merchandise and show resurgence later this year.