Creature Shop: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

chestermcdragon

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Douglas forgive me for what I am about to do...

I Foudn The Film Terrable Completly and Utterly. Let's just say there were three bits I liked: The whale and the bowl of petunias, and Slartibartfast, and the Vogon Puppets.

That's it. Full stop. Nothng more.

The rest was, IMHO, TOSH!
ARE YPU SERIOUS?!?!?!?!?!?
every second was GREAT!5 STARS!

Blue Weirdo

Reaction score
Is it a good movie? Yes.

Is it the movie we've been waiting 20+ years for? Not by a long shot.

See I felt that althogh it is not very faithful to the text (and don't give the the old "most of the changes were Douglas' line. Without Douglas himslef to explain/defend them you can't convince me this is what he wanted) It was still a funny sci-fi film. I give it a 3 out of 5.

A question I have that maybe can be answered here though is this. Why didn't we get to actually SEE the Ravenous bugbladder beast of Trall. Was it becasue of time/expense? Could you jsut not get the creatue to work right? Or did the filmakers think it was somehow more artistic to not actually show the creatrure.

Let me just say if it was the latter then they are dead wrong. It would've been better to have shown the monster. Trust me I've seen a lot of movies and if you're going to build tension by having a monster starting to eat your female lead then you need to see it happen. The only time it's more artistic to not show the monster is when you're building up for the revealation of it later in the movie.

jarethjunkie

Reaction score
THAT MOVIE ROCKS MY WORLD!
I <3 Zephod.

*Agrees with gorgonmanistan*

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
I really liked the Vogons...very impressive. I've already stated my opinion about the film in the New Movies Coming Out thread, but I'll say one more thing. Though leaving a lot to be desired (for fans of the book, anyway), the movie was fun and amusing. I certainly do not love the movie by any means, but it was an enjoyable experience and I'll be watching it again just to be sure I did not miss anything the first time (I was rather sleepy when watching it due to a big outing the previous night).

Beauregard

Reaction score
*hums the third word of "It's a mad, mad, world" over and over agian...*

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
*hums the third word of "It's a mad, mad, world" over and over agian...*
That's funny. That's the same word that the voices in my head keep repeating.

Well, that and puffykins.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Puffykins? Hmmm. I'm sure I heard that somewhere. No, I think it was just the Voices.

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
You too? Sometimes I think it best if I just succumb to the voices wishes and change my name to Sir Bosephus Knickerbocker IV.