Creature Shop: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Beauregard

Reaction score
Admittedly, the Vogon puppets were terrific. And I can give JHC that much. They were awesome.

beemer

Reaction score
the tv series was way better, y did we let the americans do it :concern:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Goodness only knows.

I bought teh DVD set of the old ones this week, and laughed HARD! Many times.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I almost flipped out when I watched the credits roll and saw "Jim Henson's creature shop" floating up! Personally I liked the movie alot. And I couldn't even tell if the vogons were puppets or not.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Wow, this is curious. I've never seen such sharply divded Hiker Fans.

The new Radio Series started last night on Radio 4, in the uk. Tuesdays 6.30. It is supreme, and everything I hoped it would be.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Beauregard, it's kind of sad how some people love it and others hate it. :sympathy:

My theory is that if you were expecting the book plot, you'll be dissapointed, no matter what book of yours is being made into a movie. Unfortunately, that's how it works. But I throughly enjoyed the movie and thought it was great fun. ^_^ And I had NO clue those were puppets. I had to think about it. Then the credits tipped me off.

nemalki

Reaction score
beemer said:
the tv series was way better, y did we let the americans do it
I thought the production was mostly British, from Garth Jennings (the director) to a bulk of the cast and creative types. I've never seen the series nor have I read the books. This was pretty much my intro to H2G2, and I pretty much dug it. It was wry British humor not unlike Monty Python, and it was pretty fun. I think I'll try to find this series on DVD.

Rowbes

Reaction score
I finally saw it yesterday!
I enjoyed it greatly. It did have some problems, but I give ULTIMATE PROPS to the filmmakers for relying so heavily on puppetry and animatronics. Computer generated Vogons would not have been half as effective, and a CGI Marvin would have been awful. CGI has come along way in the last few years, but so have animatronics, and they just have a more realistic asthetic.