Star Wars Muppet figures next?

Luke

Reaction score
Gonzo said:
And about the Star Wars figures...I'd love to see them, but I'm not counting on it. Muppets have done SW parodies a few times, but where this treads into merchandising $, I think Lucas might be a little more guarded. Even though I think HE'D like to see it too. A Dirth Nader/Princess Piggy/Kermit Skywalker would make me all sorts of excited. And Crazy. :crazy:
I would guess that the Star Wars parodies are more complex than Adventurer Kermit for the reasons you say and i think there is a big difference with intellectual property conflicts too. Adventurer Kermit (The Muppet) was a spoof type thing done completely independantly of Lucasfilm. With the Star Wars parody episode it was actually an official 'Star Wars' appearance and the Lucas people would have probably agreed Henson's script and may have had some influence in the creation of the Star Wars parody Muppets. If Lucas did want to push things legally on any issue of Star Wars Muppet Action Figures he would have a much stronger case for infringement than just a character looking like one of his creations where Palisades and Henson could simply argue parody.

So yeah anything is possible but i agree that in this case i think it would be very unlikely they can pull this one off without a Lucasfilm license.

towels

Reaction score
Also keep in mind that it may not be Lucas's feelings that matter. Allowing another company to release Star Warsish figures could cause problems with Lucas's current toy licensees.

LadyVader

Reaction score
Muppets and Star Wars

beaker said:
Now that weve seen Indiana Jones Kermit come to being...what other licences could Palisades partner with? While we have the MAMMA robot, Id love to see a proper Star Wars parody character. Even if it's Kermit related. So far we have Sesame News Reporter Kermit, Indiana Frog, tuxedo Kermit, etc...would love to see other ones as well.
Who else here would love to see a Darth Nader or other kind of Star Wars parody figure?

:smile: Hi:
If you want Star Wars Muppets then you must E-mail Palisades toys President Michael Horn and maybe the more that e-mail him and tell him what they want you just might get it. Remember most of the muppet Exclusives come out for Big convention and next year Star wars will be haveing theres so start E-mail :excited: (PalisadesToys.com) :excited:
good luck
Ladyvader

WiGgY

Reaction score
All that would do is **** off Mike Horn.

They WANT to make them, but they CAN'T make them. E0mailing them won't do anything. Especially when you can get just as a good a response from the product manager (Ken Lilly) right here on the message boards.