Internet sites NOT to buy Muppet items from...

dmx10101

Reaction score
Ok, Here are two internet sites I wouldn't recommend buying Muppet stuff from.

1.- Toonarific.com - I ordered Jim Henson Rarities Vol. 7 (The Muppet Valentine Show,The Muppet Show: Sex and Violence (uncut), The Muppets: A Celebration of 30 years) on VHS for a expensive $18 and Muppetr Babies Vol. 1 (With several episodes of the show) on VHS for a expensive $18 too. Well I placed my order on December 16th and I just got it yesterday February 5th. That's not the worst of it. I pop the tapes in expectong a really good quality video for $18 ea., but no it was about the worst quality videos I've ever seen, both of them, I could barely make out what is going on. On top of that when I was asking them how much longer it would take for my order to come in a email, the person was very rude to me and just said well theres more people ahead of you.

2.- Boxingcow.com - I placed a order with them on January 19th for the Electric Mayhem playset. Well I never ended up getting a confirmaion email from them for the order. So I checked the site under my account orders and it didn't show any orders placed. So I have sent them about 3 or 4 emails asking what's going on and when I will get my item and they won't respond to me. I have the charge of $38.69 on my paypal accout and on my bank account so I was charged for it. Of course their site has no phone number so I can't call them. I guess I'm going to have to resort to calling my bank for a credit.

Pug Lover

Reaction score
I feel for you.People out there are so ignorant,it's pathetic.Half these people don't even know what the heck they are doing to begin with.I'm so sorry you had that kind of experience.You have my sympathies. :smile: :wink:

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
I ordered the Mini Muppets from wickedcoolstuff.com, and they said that the PVCs would be shipped in August. I ordered them early to get a discount on the figures. And every month wickedcoolstuff.com said that the PVCs were coming out the next month. So I waited until I got nervous that I would not get the Mini Muppets from wickedcoolstuff.com or find them elsewhere since I waited so long. Finally, I found one set at Suncoast and ordered the other from EBGames. I could not figure out how to cancel my order from wickedcoolstuff.com and soon I forgot about the ones I had ordered. Then, in December, the PVCs from wickedcoolstuff.com finally arrived at my house, 5 months after it was scheduled. Since I had already bought them and I did not need two sets, I returned them to a local Suncoast, therefore losing the money I paid for shipping. I will probably never order something from that site again...

Whatever

Reaction score
Boxing Cow is normally very reliable and I am sure it was only a computer malfunction, or possibly the package got lost in the mail. The owner is on this board under the screenname of uncleduke. I'm sure he will be happy to help you out.

jediX

Reaction score
And as for Toonariffic, they're basically, well, illegal. I'm suprised they havn't been taken down yet.

Can't trust everyone on eBay either -- one time I ordered a mask and it took 5 months to receive despite how many emails I sent. Then, after I got it I was going to leave negative feedback, but it wouldn't let me. Ugh. I also don't like it when jerk sellers/buyers on eBay don't give you feedback when it is due -- that is just plain rude. But I'm 100% sure I'm not the only one here who has dealt w/ a deadbeat on eBay...

Ryan

Reaction score
dmx10101 said:
Ok, Here are two internet sites I wouldn't recommend buying Muppet stuff from.

1.- Toonarific.com - I ordered Jim Henson Rarities Vol. 7 (The Muppet Valentine Show,The Muppet Show: Sex and Violence (uncut), The Muppets: A Celebration of 30 years) on VHS for a expensive $18 and Muppetr Babies Vol. 1 (With several episodes of the show) on VHS for a expensive $18 too. Well I placed my order on December 16th and I just got it yesterday February 5th. That's not the worst of it. I pop the tapes in expectong a really good quality video for $18 ea., but no it was about the worst quality videos I've ever seen, both of them, I could barely make out what is going on. On top of that when I was asking them how much longer it would take for my order to come in a email, the person was very rude to me and just said well theres more people ahead of you.
Well, there's not much you can do about quality on Sex and Violence and Valentine. Only recently, we (the traders) have found good copies of both specials. Sex and Violence is in bad conditon because it's the original airing. It reaired on Odyssey about 3 years ago, but not many people had the channel. So, about the pilots, it's not really his fault, since (until recently) these were very hard to find in good quality. I have, however heard very bad things about this guy lately.

uncleduke

Reaction score
Whatever said:
Boxing Cow is normally very reliable and I am sure it was only a computer malfunction, or possibly the package got lost in the mail. The owner is on this board under the screenname of uncleduke. I'm sure he will be happy to help you out.
Thanks, Whatever, we do our best.
DMX, if you didn't confirm your order (which is most likely why you don't see it on your account with us) - we would have recieved your Payment via your credit card, but would have had no Idea what it was for.
That actually happens once in a while, people send us money, without telling us what they are ordering.
If you would like to email me directly through the board, I will try to hook you up with a Stage, a refund, or whatever else we can come up with.

dmx10101

Reaction score
Thankss everybody for you sympathiies and stories. Thanks Whatver for the info and thanks boxingcow to help resolve the issue. Jedi I have had plenty of bad experiences with ebay, and thats part of using ebay, the nonpaying bidders and deadbeat sellers. As for the toonarific tapes, the quality was byond poor. It is barely watchable. It looks like they made too many copies of the tape and now the quality is unwatchable. It wasn't just the specials but the muppet babies episodes were as bad too. Don't use them ever.

Thog

Reaction score
A friend of mine had a horrible time with Boxingcow trying to get me the muppet push puppets. I guess it took him a while to resolve, but it took a month or two.

WiGgY

Reaction score
I'm hearing many bad Boxingcow stories. I've ordered from Uncleduke 3 times now (well, one was a trade) and haven't had an issue other. Uncleduke, perhaps you should look into the way your site is set up. I've ordered from you personally via e-mail and had no problems, so I think the problem lies within the site set up somewhere.