Does anyone cry when they watch Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson?

sophie

Reaction score
i do!

I introduced my daughter Saffron (now 9 years old) to the muppets on the day she was born, and even now "kermit unpigged" still works when we can't sleep. We cried a river between us the first time we saw The Muppets Celebrate Jim...... and it is still waiting to be watched again. Neither of us could stand to hear the sadness in their little voices.
Jim, still loved and missed.
Peace to you all.

Whataday

Reaction score
Does anyone have any clips or screen-grabs which they could put online?

Gonzoid247

Reaction score
I remember shedding a tear or two. My girlfriend at the time and I were both crying, in fact.

The thing I remember, though, is that when Kermit came out at the end, he didn't sound anything like he did these days. I remembered that quite clearly. But a few years ago, Nickelodeon replayed the special and, lo & hebold, it sounded like Whitmire's Kermit. Anyone think they went back and did a redubbing??

janicegroupie

Reaction score
That special always makes me cry. Like everyone else it always gets me when they read the letters and sing Just One Person. It's just so touching. I love when Kermit walks in while they're singing and the look of happiness on his face. I also always cry when it has Ray Charles singing Bein Green and it shows clips of Jim Henson. He does such an amazing job singing it and seeing Jim Henson just tops it off. It's also kind of interesting with the special because the first time I saw 2 years ago after not seeing it since I was a kid it brought back so many memories of seeing it for the first time at my grandma and grandpa's house on the night of my uncle's visitation for his funeral. It was just weird how vividly I remembered watching it for that first time siince I was only 6 at the time of the first viewing. Just thought I'd share that but yeah again it totally makes me cry remembering Jim Henson and just my childhood.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
i have the origanle John Denver holadyaspecal soundtract record i would trad for a copy of this specal. i love Jim and would love to see this is piggy in it. so if i could trade that or my muppet movie soundtrack record i will . :smile:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Is this the same as the documentary called, "The World Of Jim Henson" by great performances? I have the VHS of this and I love it it has so much great stuff on it but at the end I can never watch it without getting upset especially when the performers interviewed find it hard not to cry when talking about him in some parts. Its very sad at the part with his funeral.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Like a freakin' baby! I can't even watch it any more. I sometimes watch all the retrospective stuff, but I turn it off RIGHT after the acountant marching band! I can't even watch that. i hate to cry! such a sad sad beautiful special....

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Muppetsdownunder said:
Is this the same as the documentary called, "The World Of Jim Henson" by great performances? I have the VHS of this and I love it it has so much great stuff on it but at the end I can never watch it without getting upset especially when the performers interviewed find it hard not to cry when talking about him in some parts. Its very sad at the part with his funeral.
No, it's not the same thing. The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson was a special released the year Jim died. Fozzie and the gang are trying to put on a show in honor of some guy named Jim Henson. Kermit leaves them instructions, but can't make it to the show, so it's up to everyone else to put it on. They struggle at first, but eventually turn out a great show, which I think was to show the company's actual struggle without Jim.

Firecat87

Reaction score
does anyone have this special on tape? I've never seen it, and I do not have cable or anything like that. I remember seeing it when it first aired- and i was pretty young, so do not remember much- but they showed a clip of it on CBS sunday morning, and i was crying from that. I would very much like to see the rest of it again. Any help appreciated. :smile: