Series 10 and more from Palisades at Toy Fair

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's some news that Ken has reported in various threads over at the Palisades forum in response to Toy Fair Q&A. Let us know what you think about the following info.

First off, the new line-up for series 10...

Rowlf as Dr. Bob from The Muppet Show skit “Veterinarian’s Hospital”
Muppet Babies Kermit and Miss Piggy 2-pack from The Muppets Take Manhattan
Uncle Deadly from The Muppet Show
Sal Manilla from Muppets Tonight
And here are quite a few questions related to Toy Fair and upcoming products...

-Series 7 carded samples

Kermit seemed very squat to me. He's definitely shorter than the first Kermit.

His knees may have been bent in the display. Scale wise he measures up.

I was expecting Beau's mop bucket to be bright yellow, but it wasn't.

We decided to give it some dirty flavor.

Robin's eyes seem big to me.

They probably are. Although they are the same ones on the Naked Version, which looks more "right" because the hat makes the overall head of the FS Robin appear smaller, especially since it rests right up against the eyes.

- Series 8 mock-up packaging and prototype figures
Sam looks really great (I was afraid for him).

That was the old head. We have not painted the new head yet. In fact, Scooter was also the first head. (Which he may still keep...factory having some trouble on that one.)

- Series 9 prototype figures
Fozzy and Chucky are AWESOME! Can not wait for these 2!

Fozzie had his old head too...

Pops was an early version of the work in progress, but you can tell that he will be great.

He was pretty much near final.

Series 10 only had an 8.5"x11" board of pictures of the actual puppets of the announced characters.

- Sweetums prototype
I don't expect that he will reach the $35 price point

I do...

- Jim Henson prototype figure
He was much shorter than I expected.

The actual product will be an inch and a half taller than the resin prototype.

- Mega Camilla loose
Nothing too fanastic here. It's just a big version of Camilla... A must have though if you collect the Mega line.

- Adventure Kermit packaged sample
The box width size is about the size of Invisible Fozzie's

It's actually nearer to Steppin' Out Bunsen and Beaker size, but slightly less wide.

- Mini Muppets
I did note that beaker's head was scrunched down into his body...

It is retractable.

Baby Piggy questions
What color hair? Removable bonnet? Are you going to try for rooted hair with aby Piggy?

Blonde. Dunno. Probably not. You saw what happened last time. Although, maybe I SHOULD try it and then be smart enough to grab more than one when I am in the factory after we go with the sculpted version.

Have all the S9 accessories been determined yet?

Yes they have.

Mega Kermit - have you decided whether thats gonna be regular, koozebanian, smollet or cheese & onion variety ?

Not sure yet. Will decide in a couple of weeks. What would YOU want to see?

Dr Phil - Are you changing the color of the face from how its being shown now ?

Oh my yes.

How far along was the Lips prototype pictured on the board at UK Toy Fair?

Not as far along as the one in the newsletter. But even that gets a new round of adjustments.

Was the Muppet Baby thing the cause of the "state of flux" with S10?

Yes and no. No it initially wasn't but it still could be...they are late getting started and could still get bumped for something else.

If so, do you feel like another Kermit variant is a better decision over, say, baby Scooter?

Oh...I call 'em like I see 'em. Not suggesting my solution to the line-up is the best solution...but it's worked OK so far.

Are you thinking of releasing Piggy with Kermit because you don't think Piggy is a strong retail character, +/or to boost sales of the first MB 2 pack?

I just think on a gut level they belong in the same pack.

Ken do you guys have the license to make muppet vision 3.D figures ?

No. But what figure is in there that isn't somewhere that we DO have the license?

Sal was tentatively slated to include a Penguin, Java Muppets, and a Muppet Veggie of some kind....are these pack-ins still going to be coming with the monkey?

The only lock right now is Sal and the Java Muppets. Trying to find someone right now to sculpt the penguin, but all the sculptors have been booked on other Toy Fair items, lots with other companies. Will keep you posted.

Could you tell us the Series 9 accessories? Mainly the pack-ins or would you rather it be revealed at a later time since Palisades has decided to lay of on giving out info so quick, just thought we might have a chance with this one.

Nope.

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
Just a few questions...

Since Sweet-Ums will be along the exclusive pricing ($35), is he slated to come with any accessories??? I only ask because he's not technically a Mega, and EVERY other figure has come with SOMETHING.

With the Muppet Babies, are there plans to make all 6 of them? This announcement has also given me much hope that the line will continue well beyond Series 10, and this is excellent news.

Can you confirm that we will, most likely, see 4 series released in '05?

That;s all. Otherwise this was entirely enlightening. Thanks for your time Phil and Ken. Kudos to a great website and toy line honoring the Muppets. you guys. Rock.

Whatever

Reaction score
The estimate right now is that Sweetums may cost $35 without accessories, $40 with accessories.

John Steffens

Reaction score
I say, if your going to do Sweetums, do Sweetums right.
Give him the accessories.
Like a suitcase and something else.

I'll gladly pay $40-$45 for Sweetums with accessories

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
Hear Hear!!!

I hear ya Brother!!! do it right if you're gonna do it!!! No jerking around!!! Not that Palisades has done anything half-butted yet, so no worries there... But yeah, let's see a suitcase that opens!!! Naked Robin that fits in his hand (maybe one that is more precise in size comparison to the rest of hte line??? Not that I have any complaints about the current Robins size)

So yeah!!! Accessories!!! If he's gonna be an exclusive anyway, and he darn sure better be THE Chicago exclusive or else!!! Those goons in the West Coast don't need him like we do!!! HAHAHAHAHA

Fozzie

Reaction score
Cap Backfire said:
Since Sweet-Ums will be along the exclusive pricing ($35), is he slated to come with any accessories??? I only ask because he's not technically a Mega, and EVERY other figure has come with SOMETHING.

With the Muppet Babies, are there plans to make all 6 of them? This announcement has also given me much hope that the line will continue well beyond Series 10, and this is excellent news.
Those are the things I am wondering. Does anyone know if Sweetums will be a retail exclusive?

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
little self-corrections

By asking if all SIX Muppet Babies would be made, I meant Kermit, Gonzo, Piggie, Fozzie, Rowlf and Scooter. As far as I can remember, that's the lineup from the movie. If there was an Animal Babie in the movie as well, that's even cooler. That Animal DOES throw off my two-packs, but still. Rowlf could come with a REAL "baby grand" piano... HAHAHAHAHA