Henson sells Muppets to Disney

What do you think of Disney buying the Muppets and Bear?

• It's great! Disney can keep the Muppets alive and visible.

Votes: 58 40.0%
  • It's awful! The Muppets will go downhill and quality will suffer.

Votes: 87 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Well All we can do is hope for the best, don't like the thought of Disney forever "FOREVER" owning the Muppets...but gosh I just hope things work out for the best.

kermsm

Reaction score
I can't believe this is happening

I can't believe this. My life is now in termoil. I don't hate disney by any means, but please they suck the life out of characters. I don't know what I'll do if they send my Kermie down the drains. I'm just so depressed.
kermsm :smile:

prawncracker

Reaction score
not sure

not sure about this. either company has made really good choices lately. but i will still hope for the best :rolleyes:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i'll offer my 2 cents on this one....

the state of which disney is in right now is not a good sign to buy a company or product. disney for months has been in the headlines about trying to fire their c.o., the loss of a lot of money, the closing of their animation department, and the loss of pixar which brought disney billions of dollars.

how can the muppets do any better to the situation? both parties are in a state of decay, and aren't really improving. i think it was a bad business deal for the henson kids to actually hand over the muppets to disney, who may have been a good company 10 years ago to sell the muppets, but not today.

i would have thought the henson family would have at least look at other major companies who could do something with the muppets and that are stable, but i don't know who all was interested with the muppets.

i see at no point how disney is going to help the muppets when they have their own problems with the company.

disney needs to solve their own probelms first, and then try to go from there and start climbing up the ladder to get to the top.......same thing with the muppets or more importantly, the henson family.

ryan

BabyBeanBunny

Reaction score
Meh, this isn't the best thing in the world, but it sure isn't the worst. But I can't see anything good come out of it, unless of course, it's another Tim Curry/Muppet movie. *drool*. Just not Pirates 2 or anything... Perhaps Muppets Peter Pan?

I personally feel that if it comes down to it, I will remain true to old School Muppets, and I'm going to prove it today by wearing my Fraggle Rock Raglan, and Think happy thoughts. Besides, Disney lost Pixar to it's own devices, why couldn't the same thing happen with the Muppets?

dmx10101

Reaction score
Just think in a few years, the Muppets might not at all have anything to do with JHC, they could be totally devloped and run by Disney. Disney writes the script, adds new charecters, deletes old ones, etc.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Skeeter Muppet said:
I'm on the fence with this one. On the one hand, I wish that the Muppets could have stayed completely in the Henson's hands. On the other hand, hopefully this move will prove to be beneficial to both parties in the long run.

I like this thread better than the two Muppet communities over at LiveJournal. At least here there's a bit of rationality in the reactions to this. Over there people are acting like the Muppets have one foot in the grave.

-Kim
Only half a foot over here...

leliebel

Reaction score
Whatever said:
I actually wore black yesterday in protest...
I almost always wear black so I wore a shirt with a purple verion os cookie monster on it. :big_grin:

I went around all day yesterday telling everybody about disney buying Henson, but nobody really cared. :cry:

I even got the tape recorder ready for the news, which I got up early for. But it didn't say anything about it...

beaker

Reaction score
Whatever said:
I actually wore black yesterday in protest...
hehe, that means Ive been protesting for many a year^^

Skeeter Muppet said:
I like this thread better than the two Muppet communities over at LiveJournal. At least here there's a bit of rationality in the reactions to this. Over there people are acting like the Muppets have one foot in the grave.

-Kim
well not everyone sadly, can have a vision and hope and believe like we do.

AndyWan Kenobi said:
But maybe now they can worry less about business :attitude: and more about singing and dancing and making people happy..
and selling out.

Like Phil wrote and like everyone did, this doesnt sit well with me...
is it sinking in that were facing the likelyhood of Disney's Muppets...
they didnt buy JHC, they bought the soul of JHC. think about it.
JHC is nothing without their main brand, its what made them them...they even lost part of that when EMTV sold them.