Does the Disney purchase of Henson affect the Palisades toy line?

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
For those of you with space issues...

OK, this is advice for all of you with space issues... You can go to KMart, Wal Mart, Target, whatever, and get some rubbermaid totes to store your figs until you get your own place, or sequester space large enough to display your collection.

I say this for two reasons, and I'll give the one that benefits YOU most first: You will be kicking yourself in the tooshie if you stop buying the figs you KNOW you want because you don't currently have space to display them ALL. You KNOW how hard some of the figs are to get now, imagine you letting one slip cause your dresser is kinda small. Don't do that to yourself.

The second reason, which helps EVERYONE (so it's really not selfish Josh, so stop beating yourself up about it. Thanks Josh) is that once all of you run out of space and stop buying for that lame reason, then sales will take a large dip. Sales those of us WITH Rubbermaid containers NEED to see the figs come to fruition that we have already seen in several stages of production.

Now I hope to see some sales of Rubbermaid containers SOAR over the next month... GET TO IT PEOPLE!!!

And Zack, I'm with ya about the kid who's life will be over. But I'm telling ya, you're barking up the wrong tree. I'm sure he realizes NOW there's more to life than Palisades toy line of the Muppets, but not 100% sure... :stick_out_tongue:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Cap Backfire said:
And Zack, I'm with ya about the kid who's life will be over. But I'm telling ya, you're barking up the wrong tree. I'm sure he realizes NOW there's more to life than Palisades toy line of the Muppets, but not 100% sure... :stick_out_tongue:

Yeah there is more to life then action figures....There's Rubbermaid containers!!! :smile: :zany: :excited:

Hmm, well as for myself I was never going to cut back on figures or playsets other then the repaints, but i don't know, i'd like at least two of the Johnny's, heck what am i saying, i'd like all three, but I don't know.

Grandmaster C

Reaction score
Zack the Dog said:
Yeah there is more to life then action figures....There's Rubbermaid containers!!! :smile: :zany: :excited:
Rubbermaid containers eh? So that's what's been missing from my life... :big_grin: :crazy:

Camellia

Reaction score
Palisades action figures

hi, the detailing is good, but I wish they were smaller, like 3" instead of 5-6" etc. And the price lower like $5 instead of $10 to $15. :smile:

They just take up too much storage space and budget when they are larger :smile:

just a thought ...
Camellia
http://www.camelliasoftware.com/muppetstore
Camellia's Muppet Store

beaker

Reaction score
Camellia said:
hi, the detailing is good, but I wish they were smaller, like 3" instead of 5-6" etc.
hehe, that's what I was saying in 2001! :wink:

beaker

Reaction score
Cap Backfire said:
I just hope nobody has emailed Disney about this. Too many mails might just give them reason to check this out more and decide they want that toy license, or just to use it, and dry it up.
Yes, because they are totally unaware of the Palisades and other licences at the moment ....shhh! :wink: heh, but I am hoping out of the goodness of their hearts they will let the 2004 remainder licences go through as planned.

I am surprised I have not seen hardly any mention of the Disney buyout on Palisades new site. I guess perhaps there truly is a good word that they can continue on for the remainder of this year unaffected? hmmm.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
If Disney was smart, they'd let the license continue after 2005.

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
Disney.... Smart???

LOL Beaker! So let the ball-busting begin!!! HAHAHAHA... Seriously I was just stating that because Disney has been known to take complaints by fans a little TOO seriously and take a license over and destroying it for their own purposes. Has anyone seen the new series of Kingdom Hearts PVC's (I mean action figures???) They are total crap from an action figure standpoint!

As to the last posts... I too hope that Disney is smart about this and keeps Palisades on deck for the remainder. It may not bring them much money, but it keeps the dream alive in all of the folks who have purchased a figure for proud display. Ken and Krew have done a great job on this line, and continue to amaze me, and Disney just doesn't have that kind of dedication to their toys. I had a girlfriend who dragged me into the Disney store every few days (the whip-marks STILL hurt) and there wasn't a toy in that place I would purchase for any reason. I did buy some of the Muppet Christmas Carol figures, but that was different.

Fozzie

Reaction score
Cap Backfire said:
I did buy some of the Muppet Christmas Carol figures, but that was different.
Do you mean the Palisades MCC PVC's or did Disney release figures?