Fraggle Rock on Dvd

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
I e-mailed The Jim Henson Company about Releasing Fraggle on Dvd, and heres what they sent me:

Dear Jake,

Though the episodes of Fraggle Rock are not currently available on VHS or DVD, we are aware of their popularity and are working on the possibility of releasing them at some future time. When a decision is made to do so, it will be announced on www.henson.com.

Thanks for writing and regards . . . The Jim Henson Company

muppet_dk

Reaction score
That sounds like the responds that they give about anything.
But one thing is sure you won't see it first at www.henson.com. There's a bigger chance that you will see it here or at Toughpigs first.

I wonder way they don't mention the UK release.

GonzoGirl

Reaction score
I would think if there is a UK release of Fraggle Rock on DVD, there should be one in the US, as well...though with that rather bland response, it doesn't sound like its going to be anytime soon, but I guess we must keep our fingers crossed! I would also think that there must atleast be a plan to release the episodes, with the resurgence of new Fraggle plushies and merchandise...

Foodie

Reaction score
Sir Didymus said:
I e-mailed The Jim Henson Company about Releasing Fraggle on Dvd, and heres what they sent me:

Dear Jake,

Though the episodes of Fraggle Rock are not currently available on VHS or DVD, we are aware of their popularity and are working on the possibility of releasing them at some future time. When a decision is made to do so, it will be announced on www.henson.com.

Thanks for writing and regards . . . The Jim Henson Company
Oooh! That's somewhat satisfying eh?
:smirk:

Nick

AndyL

Reaction score
I wonder, if Disney starts heavily promoting The Muppets, woudn't that tend to make Fraggle Rock more valuable by association?
Perhaps they'll wait to release them here and ride on the tail of whatever advertising blitz Disney is planing?

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
I say Henson just strikes a video deal with Disney to release Fraggle Rock and leave it at that. One can hope.

Foodie

Reaction score
BoyRaisin2 said:
I say Henson just strikes a video deal with Disney to release Fraggle Rock and leave it at that. One can hope.

Disney didn't get Fraggle Rock.... thankfully. :smirk:

Nick

Luke

Reaction score
Yes but they can sign an agreement with Henson to distribute their stuff like Farscape, Fraggle Rock, Moppatops, Hoobs, Construction Site and the movies. They don't need to own them to put them out on DVD or put the merchandise in their stores.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Doesn't the Sony video deal expire this year? Would Henson stick with the winning team or would they consider a Buena Vista video deal to be closer to the Muppets and Bear?

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
Foodie said:
Disney didn't get Fraggle Rock.... thankfully. :smirk:

Nick
I don't know why every body is so upset about the disney deal, Henson was doing nothing with the Muppets, I for one, am very happy about the deal, we will now be able to see them! I wish Disney did get Fraggle Rock because maybe something would be done with it! People also have been complaining about the prices of Disney stuff, but look at the Muppet vision smaller plushes for $10.00 they are a little bigger than the sababa Fraggles and the Fraggles are 12.99, and for qualitey, the MV3D dolls are alot better looking than the sababa Muppets!