Guest Stars on Sesame Street list

mikebennidict

Reaction score
there was 1 guest appearance by a man probably originallyaired in the 1st season where he says the alphabet and when he gets to J, he can't rememeber the letter and the J blinks till he says the letter. he also did a counting segment from 1-10 and he did some demonstraition where he had some container of something and everything fell out of it. can't really remember much about it. anyone perhaps know who he was?

mikebennidict

Reaction score
what was the name of this group of men? they were hispanic and 1 guy played the red bongo drums, another would play the small congo ones. correct me if i got the names wrong. and another played regular drums. there was 1 segment were the man who played the bongo drums gathered with Maria and some kids and talked about rhythem and he had those kind of sticks were you hit together and he would hit them saying 123 12 then after a while he did it again and the kids would join him also saying 123 12 and then 1 of the other men played the bongo drums and then the regular drums with sticks would follow. all throughout them playing Maria and the kids would keep repeating 123 12.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
no it wouldn't of been Ella Fitzgerald. at least i doubt it. while i don't know a lot about jazz music or artists in gengeral the lady had long hair and Fitzgerald has or had glasses and i don't think she plays the piano. maybe i'm wrong about that and since this skit was from the 70s, and maybe she looked different.
i just found out a few days ago and her name was Mary Lou Williams. the Mr. Rogers group i mentioned has files of all episodes on the program made between 1968-1975 and said Mary Lou Williams.

billyk

Reaction score
I distictly remember segments with Richie and Fonzie from Happy Days -- I know one where Fonzie brushes his teeth in "Arnold's Bathroom - aka Fonzie's Office".

It's not listed in the section "Charaters appearing on the show".

mikebennidict

Reaction score
The Roaches.

they were sister folk trio who i remember seeing a few segments with them. 1 of them had to do with numbers. they sang a song that went like 1 plays along and we all can see that number 1 is a fine way to play but when 2 play together them the music get's better. 2 play together and we both agree. 3 somthing something 3 of us make a band you see so you clap along and we'll play a song and here's how it goes 123. think i gotr that right.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Joe Namath, Don McLean and Nile Rodgers.

anyone recall these guest appearances? > Namath. either former NY. Jet or Philly Eagle who played in the 1969 Super Bow > MaLean best known for his song American Pie. > Rodgers: a muisc producer and a members of the 1970 disco group Chic, i read on the site Wikipedia site he was part of some group called the SS band.

grouchmom

Reaction score
didn't John Denver make a guest appearance (with Kermit, I think)

also, I always thought that Babwa Wawa was a Saturday Night Live character. Doesn't that character name poke fun at her slight speech impediment and I can't imagine SS making fun of that.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you refering to the SS character known as "BaaBaa Walters"? Don't think it was done to make fun of Barbara Walters in a mean way, twas just a spoof of her as are many Muppet characters.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Baabaa Walters was a sheep; the joke on SNL was Babwa Wawa and was parody, which isn't always complimentary.

Same as a caricature artist drawing you and emphasizing foreheads if you're bald, or big ears or nose...

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Margret Hamilton.

i mentioned this one in another post but I thought I'd mention it for our newer members. anyone recall when Margret Hamilkton appeared On SS? of course she appeared as the wicked wich but don't know what she did on the show. what's so interesting she also appeared on Mr. Rogers Neighborhood as well. i don't recall that either but i read in a online article David Newel who is Mr. McFeely on the series and also a spokesman for Family Communications mentioned that there was a good reason for her appearance. apparently parents were writing in saying there kids where scared of her and probably as a result of them seeing the movie so they asked her to come on as herself and she brought her witch costume she wore for the movie years earlier and showed that it was just a costume and she was just an actress. while i don't think i remember the Mr. Rogers episode i read elsewhere it was from 1975 and it had occured to me that perhaps her appearance on SS might of been a result of FC getting letters asking them to have her on Mr. Rogers as well as kids seeing the movie.