Act Fast!!! Muppet Whatnot Building Info!

ToastCrumbs

Reaction score
For all you guys who are always asking questions about how Muppets are built, there's a poster on eBay of the vintage Muppet Show Cast. Forget the condition of the poster, IT"S THE INFORMATION ON THE BACK!!!

ToastCrumbs

Reaction score
Only 45mins. Left

Three detailed pics on the making of a WhatNot. It's a great way for you guys to get an inside look at how scott foam heads are made.

video567

Reaction score
ToastCrumbs said:
Three detailed pics on the making of a WhatNot. It's a great way for you guys to get an inside look at how scott foam heads are made.
hi so was this poster in a national geographic mag? dowes anyone know wher eit originated from? thank you for your time

puppetguy

Reaction score
This was from National Geographic WORLD magazine from 1979 (summer, I think) The article included in that magazine had some wonderful TMS behind the scenes pics..including a misleading photo of Richard Hunt holding up Lew Zealand in a group shot..as a kid I thought Richard performed him after seeing that picutre. There are also some great shots of Emett Otter behind the scenes...Faz Fazakas working on Ma and Emett in the boat..and a shot of Frank performing Chuck from under the gang's car..If you can find this issue, its well worth getting..
David

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
It's for stuff like this that I love the massive reference library here in Toronto. :big_grin:

video567

Reaction score
ok dont flame me cause i dont know.. if this magazine is found could scans be made and shared with this forum? My older cousin has a large collection of theses mags maybe i can check to see if he has it. no guarantees but its worth a shot

Beebers

Reaction score
Could anybody hangin' out here in Puppetry, and who is interested, take a sec. to go over to the Photo Gallery thread in Gen. Discussion and vote? Sorry to muffin here, thanx, and going away now. Just gettin' the vote out.

:cool:

Show and Tell

Reaction score
Well I looked in our old collection of which we still have June and November of 1997 and its not in eather of them. Sorry but I took a stab at it and missed. :stick_out_tongue:

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
puppetguy said:
This was from National Geographic WORLD magazine from 1979 (summer, I think) The article included in that magazine had some wonderful TMS behind the scenes pics..including a misleading photo of Richard Hunt holding up Lew Zealand in a group shot..as a kid I thought Richard performed him after seeing that picutre. There are also some great shots of Emett Otter behind the scenes...Faz Fazakas working on Ma and Emett in the boat..and a shot of Frank performing Chuck from under the gang's car..If you can find this issue, its well worth getting..
David
I'm not much for collecting, but I'm proud to say that I now own this issue and it's on it's way. Thanks for the info. :wink:

Psssst, it's the 1979 August Issue... becareful that you purchase the WORLD magazine and not just the regular one.