Are Dinosaurs considered Muppets?

Whataday

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
What about the Fraggles? They are, after all, part of "Muppet Family Christmas"...

The Fraggles are, well, Fraggles!

Anyway, Disney have bought the rights to all the Muppets (excl SS), and the Fraggles are still at Henson!

beaker

Reaction score
Whataday said:
Anyway, Disney have bought the rights to all the Muppets (excl SS), and the Fraggles are still at Henson!
...and? Muppet Show, Sesame, Fraggle, Hoobs, Bear...they are
ALL Muppets. Who cares what trademarks say.

Hey, I didnt know there was an FR cameo on Dinosaurs! That rocks! So I guess Fraggle Rock and Dinosaurs are more linked.

But yeah, I always considered Dinosaurs fantasy/creature shop, but then I noticed Phil put em in Muppet Worlds so it got me thinkin.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Cory, where do you put Faffner Hall in your mind? They are bright, but very different from the Muppet style. The Creature Shop worked on some of them as well. However, if you say they are creatures, then there is an issue with the background "Muppet Show Muppets" (Frackles, monsters, animals, aliens) that appeared on most episodes of Faffner Hall.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
well as a former muppet designer in the new york shop i can say that the ffaner hall charecters are not considered true classic muppets. mainly because they were done in londons creature shop(there is also a bit of bad blood there i believe because the shop was slow at the time and they still gave the build to london, even though they used alot of traditional style muppet son the show

beaker

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
Cory, where do you put Faffner Hall in your mind? They are bright, but very different from the Muppet style. The Creature Shop worked on some of them as well. However, if you say they are creatures, then there is an issue with the background "Muppet Show Muppets" (Frackles, monsters, animals, aliens) that appeared on most episodes of Faffner Hall.
I wouldnt consider Faffner Hall Muppets...but herein lies the uniqueness of the Muppets! And that is we occationally do see Creature Shop mingled with Muppets...look at the Jim Henson Hour behind the magic special, wherein one scene we see both Muppet and Creature Shop dogs mingling. The definition of what is a Muppet over the years has been fuzzied, literally. I consider Sam and Friends, Land of Gorch, Emmet Otter, etc Muppets...tho not Christmas Toy, Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, anything from Storyteller, etc. A fine line sometimes...I wonder what JHC over the years has thought on the matter?

Usually what strikes me as Muppets is the classic look...but then I look at JHH and what they were trying to do there...mixing classic with an organic creature shop look. Then again I felt they went back to a more Sesame Street look puppet wise by the time Muppets Tonight came around.