What if they had a Muppet Network?

radionate

Reaction score
Remeber that the next time you are playing clue!

Salmoto

Reaction score
Get this: Seymor and Pepe as crime fighting partners on the police force. Call it Seymor and the Prawn.

uncleduke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jeffrey Gray
Only one catch: Not enough programming to make up a 24/7 channel.
Most of the alleged 24 hour channels run Piad Programming for 6-8 hours during the late night hours. Here Comedy Central goes to all commercials from Midnight to 6am. And most channels also repeat their schedule. On A&E the 10 AM episode of Law And Order is the same as the 4pm (ditto for the 8pm and midnite eps)
So you would only need about 10 hours a day, two four hour blocks you could rotate, a static two hour Sesame block in the morning, and infomercials for the rest.

CaptCrouton

Reaction score
I would like a Swedish Chef cooking show. One of those, "this week I'm traveling to China to cook Chinese food" type of programs. Every day would be a new location and he would interact with the poor muppet citizens and celebrities.

He would probably need a supporting role person to narrate and kind of translate for him, but I'm not sure who that would be. Maybe Bean Bunny or Sam the Eagle.

Drtooth

Reaction score
First of all, there are 4000+ episodes of Sesame Street. Maybe it can be on a few more times per day. Or they can by the ones from Noggin (Unpaved and 1-2-3) and unedit them! As for the cartoons, there was only one season of the animated Fraggle rock, so it should be on weekends. Little Muppet Monsters, I'm not sure about. The animated versions of Pigs in Space and Kermit P.I. (and others that are unknown) only had about two episodes total!

But here's my two cents....

There could have been a Henson (muppet) channel if it wasn't for Hallmark. Some fans had to push screaming and angrerd just for them to put ALF back on (provided it's still on) All they have now are B- List Filmation shows and programing that would make Lifetime look like Tim Allen from Home Improvement. I think a Henson channel would be an excellent idea, and trounce them in the ratings.

(P.S. am I the only one that thinks that there are too many Home Shopping Channels?)

uncleduke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
(P.S. am I the only one that thinks that there are too many Home Shopping Channels?)

You are not alone. I think one is too many. :big_grin:

statler&waldorf

Reaction score
Another thing about scheduling is tha most cable stations don't have the most structured time slots so just as long as they can fit the shows in, and a good morning block and primetime block, the rest of the day can be switch around as they see fit. So that's not really a problem. All we need now is someone willing to do it. Disney might if they buy it but it would be a satellite exclusive thing like mtv x and hbo's 50 channels ( and disney has a few too, but I don't know the details on them.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Off topic, but I was watching Garfield and they had a How to prepare potatoes channel, a Phone book channel, and a channel about dog-food through the ages! I bet they really do have those networks, so why not have a Muppet/puppet network!?!?:mad: