Joe Raposo

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Yeah, I was going to ask that about the Three Is Company theme. I thaught I remembered reading that somewhere. My personal favorites are 'Let's Make a Dream' and 'A Little Bit At the Beginning'.
So does that mean he didn't enjoy writing for SS? That's kind of sad...

Drtooth

Reaction score
He also wrote the theme to Three's Company.

Yes, Raposo was a genious, no questions asked. Sing must be his most popular work, but I really think some of the other songs are very underrated.

Andy

Reaction score
Yeah, I was going to ask that about the Three Is Company theme. I thaught I remembered reading that somewhere. My personal favorites are 'Let's Make a Dream' and 'A Little Bit At the Beginning'.
So does that mean he didn't enjoy writing for SS? That's kind of sad...
I wouldn't say he didn't enjoy writing for Sesame Street-on the contrary, I think he enjoyed it very much. What I am saying was that he may have gotten frustrated that he wasn't being regarded as a "serious" composer/lyricist. I tell you, if I were a Broadway producer, and if Joe were still with us, I would be approaching him with project after project.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I wouldn't say he didn't enjoy writing for Sesame Street-on the contrary, I think he enjoyed it very much. What I am saying was that he may have gotten frustrated that he wasn't being regarded as a "serious" composer/lyricist.
Exactly, it can be very complicated. You can be proud of the work you're doing, but frustrated at the same time that it's stereotyping you.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
The funny thing about it is that he didn't write songs that were 'kiddy fide' or that were just for kids. He wrote songs that anyone could relate to.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Thanks for mentioning that! An amazing body of work to be sure!

"I believe in little things
Like colors in the sky
And noticing the waves roll in
And how the flowers die, knowing they'll be back again..." :smile:

"Don't be scared.
Don't be shy
When something beautiful
Catches your eye."

"Somebody come with me and see the pleasure in the wind
Somebody come before it gets too late to begin."

"Flying so high
Clear air blue sky
White clouds float by...flying..."

UFOfirefly

Reaction score
I was originally from Fall River, Massachusetts, and I just found out about two years ago where Joe was from! I love all of his songs, especially "Peanut Butter!" I was glad that someone good who is well-known, had actually come from the city. People make such a big deal about Lizzy Borden, here, so now, I tell people that the guy who wrote tons of songs for Sesame Street, as well as the theme song for the show came from Fall River.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
People make such a big deal about Lizzy Borden, here, so now, I tell people that the guy who wrote tons of songs for Sesame Street, as well as the theme song for the show came from Fall River.
That is really cool, they should include that on tourist trips. Spread the word! :smile:

UFOfirefly

Reaction score
Yeah, I was so excited to find that out. I have been telling people about it.