MC Book Of The Month Discussion

Whatever

Reaction score
So how is everyone coming along on the book? JediX has asked me to lead the discussion because he is snowed under by schoolwork and I am a "reliable source". (I want them to put that in my obituary... "She will be sorely missed, she was such a reliable source... :big_grin: ) Right now I only have two finals left and am ready to party! So let's get this discussion going!

So does anyone want to make a random comment or do I have to assign a topic?
(Example: Describe five ways that you resemble Arthur Dent. Minimum one page, 12 pt font, double spaced, due yesterday :big_grin: )

mupvisiongirl

Reaction score
I'm starting the book tonight after my work meeting- man, the time really flew by....see how well I procrastinate? I'll have some great random comments all ready to go by tomorrow-ish :big_grin:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I'll begin in a few moments, then random comments will run rampant...

mupvisiongirl

Reaction score
The next time I'm in an argument with someone, I think I'll go lay down in the mud- it seems to be most effective. :wink:
So the book is checked out at my local library, I went and read chapter one at a bookstore the other night and am actually really enjoying the book. I'm really liking the author's way of writing dialogue it's really snappy and great.

Whatever

Reaction score
It is such a funny book! I'm sorry you're having a hard time getting a hold of the book. But if nothing else, Hitchhiker's gives us a good reason for drinking lots of beer... just in case... :wink:

Beauregard

Reaction score
So, did anyone else notice that Arther(sp?) works for radio? And HHGTTG was on the Radio orriginally! Interiguing(sp?)...

Whatever

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
So, did anyone else notice that Arther(sp?) works for radio? And HHGTTG was on the Radio orriginally! Interiguing(sp?)...
Really? That's neat! We on the other side of the Atlantic wouldn't know that.

The Narrator

Reaction score
Whatever said:
So how's the reading going people?
I've just finished Mostly Harmless, the 5th book in the HitchHiker's trilogy(!). Of course, I've read the books at least once every couple years for about 15 years now, so I well acclamated to them and they're fast reads in general. One of the great things about Adams' books are that they still age well. Unlike most of the books that I've grown out of since junior high, his books seem to only get better with each re-read as I've learned more about the world and that many more observations/jokes relate.

I'd offer more observations, but I'm not sure how far everyone else is into it and I don't want to spoil anything. Still, I do love the idea of the MC Book Club and I'm looking forward to reading what newcomers to the book think. :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I've read all the books, but I'm re-reading book one as told...

In never ceases to amaze me, how much fun stuff Douglas packs into just the first three chapters...

Th recipe for Pan-Galactic Gargle Blasters to start with...so cool.