Your Thoughts: The Street We Live On

What did you think of "The Street We Live On" special?

• I thought it was good

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • I was very disappointed

Votes: 52 57.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GonzoPimp

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
parents don't know the difference between educational and entertainment TV. please! many parents grew up on SS and no parent is that dumb.

yes yes they are. its shocking I know, but remember it doesn't take much intellegence to make a kid (insert A into B).

also, that was a bit rude.

dbarrie

Reaction score
That's because CTW changed its name (around 2000) to Sesame Workshop.

OI MuppetFan

BoyRaisin2 said:
I don't know if this was mentioned already but has anybody else realized that, in the retrospective at the end, that the TV on which the clips were being shown was labeled "CTW?" And they only did it up to 1997. :confused:

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Well, duh (and it took me a while to get used to that). Still don't explain the 1997 thing. Eh.

ssetta

Reaction score
The clips were shown on a TV set that was appropriate for each particular time era. I thought that was neat. From 1969-1977, they had one of those old-fashioned console TVs that sat on the floor. And from 1977-84, they had one of those sets with the 2 chrome knobs. Then from 1984-89, they had a silver set with push-buttons and an LCD display, which read "13", probably because that's the channel that Sesame Street is on in NYC, and many other parts of the country. Then from 1990-96, they had a 90s-style TV set with buttons on the side, and the outside of it was black. Then from 1997 on, they had one of those really modern silver TVs with 2 speakers on the side, and a flat-panel.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Hmm, I guess that makes sense. Didn't really notice the TV changes; I'll have to watch it again.

Emerald

Reaction score
dwayne1115 said:
I watched the whole show and realized several things.
1. How much i cant stand Elmo
4. How much i cant stand Elmo
I also have a few questions:
3. Who else cant stand Elmo?
I can't stand him either. He was okay in the begining, when he was a less, um, Napoleon-like character (taking over Sesame Street and all). But the more I see him now, the more I can't stand that fur ball.

Sorry to those who do like him. Like I said, I was okay with Elmo once. I can see he had good qualities. Until he swallowed the show whole. :attitude:

Emerald

Reaction score
Stulz said:
:attitude:

I think this is definately the pure dividing line of this argummnet.
The over 20 year olds and the new generation really are seeing 2 different shows. SS to us is Big Bird's show. The new shows are Elmo's.

I'm am truly sorry for this new generation to have this "new" SS be thier SS!

:attitude:
I agree. When I first read Sesame Street Unpaved, I truly realized just how many high-quality skits I had not seen in a very long time. Forgetful Jones. The blue guy at the restaurant. The king of eight. Pinball. Teeny Little Super Guy. Those were the days.

Oddly enough, though, my brother was a child of the 90's, and he disliked Elmo more than I did. Of course, his child-of-the-80's-sister may have had some influence in showing him Muppet Show reruns from a very early age, thus raising his level of expectations; but all in all, the boy realized that Elmo's character gets old quickly. And he was only 3 or so at the time.

salemfan

Reaction score
I think it was rather nice to dedicate the special in memory of Michael Jeter. Did anybody notice that the screen said this at the end of the show?

Muppet Crypts

Reaction score
i loved the " Brumpepeumph guy" at the end :crazy: :grouchy:

diidyy didy brupmp dididididtddtdddiibreudmdbbdiouidguetgdnhjyukshtnd bdriunddndkhwkjdljwhjkhdjwhjshdjkshjkhsjkdhsa