Phantom of the Opera

That Announcer

Reaction score
Krazedmuppet: I'll apologize on his behalf. I have a nasty habit of taking everything that happens to heart, and so: a collective "We're sorry" from anyone on the board.

Now, for the movie:

It was fantastic. I bought the DVD (CE) first day it was out. Gerry Butler and Emmy Rossum were fantastic, and the songs (specifically 'Masquerade') were stuck in my head for days after seeing it. Nice job, Mr. Webber.

Jinx

Reaction score
Thatannouncer: Thank you for your concern; however with all due respect it is not your place to apologize on my behalf.

I do not apologize for anything I've said, only perhaps the way it was said. I have never meant to hurt anyone's feelings.

Krazedmuppet: Please believe that I mean no harm, only a chance to improve (which we all need!). I never said that your comments were threatening or disrespectful. You mention that anyone who knows you knows that your spelling isn't the best, but what about those of us who don't know you? The only thing by which we can judge your credibility is your post.

You mention that my post came across as cold. Well, perhaps this is where the phrase "the cold, hard truth" comes from.

I had no way of knowing that you were medicated, in a hurry or a poor typist. I can certainly relate to the last. I am a TERRIBLE typist! But none of these things absolve us from the responsibility to those with whom we communicate.

In reviewing these proceedings I cannot see how anything I've said is an attack on you personally. The one possible exceptions might be where I questioned your credentials in the filmmaking business. Apart from that my observations have been factually based, and upon the errors which were posted by you yourself. I take responsibility for my use (or misuse) of language. You ought to be willing to do the same.

SNLIM

Reaction score
long time fan of the phantom 'london cast', and i have seen a stage production...
i applaud the effort on the movie as i can see it being hard to do justice to it's success on the stage. the most surprising and worst part of the movie- the phantom, i would have to blame that on andrew lloyd webber- he should've casted better. i agree that emmy rossum was too young, but did the best job she could. while i didn't think it was horrible, it was worth seeing. just goes to show that andrew lloyd webber should've gone through with the film with sarah brightman, michael crawford (and any more of the london cast he could get) when he had the chance.