Baseball, anybody?

ceecee

Reaction score
I'm so excited that the new baseball season is here! Anybody else a fan? Care to discuss?

I'm a Minnesota Twins fan. They beat Cleveland last night in 11 innings. Woo-hoo!

Go Twins!

McFraggle

Reaction score
I'm a Cincinnati Reds fan, although I haven't had much to cheer about for the last several years.

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
ceecee said:
I'm so excited that the new baseball season is here! Anybody else a fan? Care to discuss?

I'm a Minnesota Twins fan. They beat Cleveland last night in 11 innings. Woo-hoo!

Go Twins!
I'm a Minnesota Twins fan too!! I'm living in Ohio now and it's weird not seeing their games on a regular basis (though I hear that's an issue in Minnesota too...lol). Actually, my loyalties are split between the Twins and the Cubs who I grew up watching on WGN.

The season should be interesting as long as the Yankees don't dominate. I'm getting a little tired of the whole steroid thing and can't believe so little's been done about it--baseball's player union is way too powerful. Anyway, the Twins should contend in the AL Central although I have concerns about their pitching and lack of power. Fortunately, their division is fairly weak. So far, so good anyway.

On the other hand, the Cubs have a chance at the World Series as long as Prior and Wood don't blow out their arms. After all, they're long overdue.

Whatever

Reaction score
I'm St. Louis Cardinals.

It's sad, Germans don't understand baseball.

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
McFraggle said:
I'm a Cincinnati Reds fan, although I haven't had much to cheer about for the last several years.
Sadly, it doesn't look like you'll have much to cheer about in the immediate future either. The ballpark is nice though.

McFraggle

Reaction score
Too true, I agree though it is a nice ballpark. I root for the Cubs as well.

Reaction score
Well the cubs won yesterday so its cool they got off to a winning start hopefully they will be able to keep it up i'm such a huge fan of them! Thats why i love living next to chicago because they are so loved by everyone here! :smile:

ceecee

Reaction score
I support the Cubbies too since they're in the National League and don't compete with the Twins. :wink:

Also, I like the Cubs better than the White Sox because I hear that their fans are much nicer. My husband and I drove 12 hours to see the Twins play the White Sox at Comiskey in 2002, and boy were those fans brutal to us! Just plain mean! :eek:

The Twins won in 15 innings last night, but 3 of their most important players got injured. :cry: