New Muppet merchandise poll

Sunrise

Reaction score
Howdy all you muppetfans.
I have the distinction of working at the "muppets" store at the Disney-MGM Studios at Walt Disney World, FL (It's called Stage One Co. Store, if anyone cares), and I've been appropriated by my manager to take a sort of informal poll. Now that Disney owns the classic muppets (and the thought makes me shudder just as much as most of you), we hope to be able to develop some new product, particularly now while 70's and 80's memorabilia is so hot. I can't promise ANYTHING, since people on my level do not make these decisions, but it has occasionally proven useful to pass on information to the product development team about what people are looking for. It can take months, sometimes years, but now and then, they listen. (For example: over a year after being pulled from the store because he "didn't sell", Bean Bunny plush is back due to much protest from guests and cast alike.)
We hope that with enough success from the muppets line we can push to have the muppets section of the store broadened (those of you who've been there know that it only takes up one tiny corner of a store that is otherwise filled with the same Disney hooey that's everywhere else in the parks - pretty stupid move to stick all that top-driving product in a corner).
So, everyone, please, hit me with your product ideas; stuff you want to see, don't want to see, want more, different characters, whatever. I'll do my best to pass on the information. Already we have been successful at pushing them to incorporate some fraggle merchandise; there are a couple of shirts on their way which will hit the shop as soon as warehouse testing is complete, and supposedly a couple of plush will follow (again, with Disney, this could take months).
Thanks all!
Come visit me! :smile:

jediX

Reaction score
Well, should this be legit, I'd love anything Jim Henson Hour related. Or maybe a plush Sal or Scooter.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd like to see anything with the following characters on it (be they plushes, pins, T-shirts, or pins)

Dr. Teeth
Link Hogthrob
Johnny Fiama
Sal Manila
Digit
Rowlf
Scooter
Pepe
and sam the Eagle

And if you can make anything with Muppet Penguins, we'll all appreciate it!

Whatever

Reaction score
We want to see more Muppet action figures by Palisades! :big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin:
:flirt: I really love Pops, and Robin, the Swedish Chef, the Electric Mayhem, Statler and Waldorf, and Camilla.... :flirt:

Electric Mayhem

Reaction score
*Beanies of: Rowlf, Sam the Eagle, Dr. Teeth, Pepe, Crazy Harry & Sweetums

*Some simple, casual, nice-looking shirts, both short sleeve & long sleeve (I'm think retro baseball jersey look), just depicting the character. No parodies, no photos slappd on a shirt. You know- Disney quality stuff.

*Howzabout some Muppet slippers? Who wouldn't want to have Animal or penguins on their feet???

*WIDESCREEN DVD VERSIONS OF "MUPPET TREASURE ISLAND" AND "MUPPET CHRISTMAS CAROL"!!!!

*Some nice size coffee & thermal mugs with the "big 5": Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo, Fozzie, & Animal (each have their own- no group shots).

*Howzabout marketing the Electric Mayhem like a REAL BAND??: concert shirts, concert posters, fake backstage passes, CD w/ their "Greatest Hits", etc. Especially that CD idea.

*Getting pricey now, but I LOVE the WDCC sculptures of the Disney characters, and I would *LOVE* to see the Muppets get a similar treatment.

*More pins like the new ones at WDW are never a bad thing. Maybe just simple head shots?

I could go on, but I think I've given you enough for now. Let the Disney types know that I'm available for any marketing/merchandising jobs they may have open!! :big_grin:

Erine81981

Reaction score
We want to see more Muppet action figures by Palisades!
I really love Pops, and Robin, the Swedish Chef, the Electric Mayhem, Statler and Waldorf, and Camilla....

Well, should this be legit, I'd love anything Jim Henson Hour related. Or maybe a plush Sal or Scooter.

Electric Mayhem said:
*Beanies of: Rowlf, Sam the Eagle, Dr. Teeth, Pepe, Crazy Harry & Sweetums

*Some simple, casual, nice-looking shirts, both short sleeve & long sleeve (I'm think retro baseball jersey look), just depicting the character. No parodies, no photos slappd on a shirt. You know- Disney quality stuff.

*Howzabout some Muppet slippers? Who wouldn't want to have Animal or penguins on their feet???

*WIDESCREEN DVD VERSIONS OF "MUPPET TREASURE ISLAND" AND "MUPPET CHRISTMAS CAROL"!!!!

*Some nice size coffee & thermal mugs with the "big 5": Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo, Fozzie, & Animal (each have their own- no group shots).

*Howzabout marketing the Electric Mayhem like a REAL BAND??: concert shirts, concert posters, fake backstage passes, CD w/ their "Greatest Hits", etc. Especially that CD idea.

*Getting pricey now, but I LOVE the WDCC sculptures of the Disney characters, and I would *LOVE* to see the Muppets get a similar treatment.

*More pins like the new ones at WDW are never a bad thing. Maybe just simple head shots?

I could go on, but I think I've given you enough for now. Let the Disney types know that I'm available for any marketing/merchandising jobs they may have open!! :big_grin:

I would have to go w/ everyone here. So I agree w/ everyone on their idea.

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
I love the idea of the Electric Mayhem tour merchandise - especially the CD. :big_grin: :sing: :flirt: :halo: :cool:

I also really like any sort of Muppet CD.

Also, how about the Muppet Show and Muppets Tonight on DVDs, boxed by seasons!

tomahawk

Reaction score
I would love to see more Palisades Muppet figures. More plushes of the other characters. More T-Shirts.

mupvisiongirl

Reaction score
Sunrise said:
Howdy all you muppetfans.
I have the distinction of working at the "muppets" store at the Disney-MGM Studios at Walt Disney World, FL (It's called Stage One Co. Store, if anyone cares), and I've been appropriated by my manager to take a sort of informal poll.

Hey! I worked at that store when I was a CP in 2002~ tell all the managers that Shannon says "hi"! Man, I miss working there, everyone was SO nice! :flirt:

Beth C

Reaction score
ROBIN!!!!! Plushie and beanbag or PUPPET!!!

WE NEED ROBIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Beth C