Another stupid parental review

Drtooth

Reaction score
For Sesame's Born to Add Cd

We own and love the Sing the Alphabet, Numbers, Platinum, and Platinum Too CDs. Yet, we found this album, Born to Add, to be almost painful. The first couple of times the songs are entertaining (being song/style parodies of popular music). But since our 2yr-old likes repetition, we play our CDs over and over. DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS with this album!! I think we don't like this album mostly because the songs just aren't that good. We expect a LOT more from Sesame Street--the other CDs mentioned contain some excellent song/style parodies. We are very disappointed in this purchase.
and another

I bought this for my 10 month old daughter because we just loved Hot Hot Hot Dance Songs and was hoping to find something of similar caliber but this did not live up to that. The songs are OK but not quite as lively as I would like. I appreciated the parodies the first time but it got old quickly. If you are only buying one CD I would definately recommend Hot Hot Hot Dance Songs.
Ugh.... non fans whining about how "bad" the songs are... well... listen to Elmo singing "La La La LA, La la la la, Elmo's world" for 5 minutes, and you'll be glad you got these CD's!

ssetta

Reaction score
That's so sad!! I hate it when even adults say that about Sesame Street! And you know what else? That's one of my FAVORITE SS albums! It was conceived and produced by none other than Christopher Cerf! I know him personally, as I have mentioned before! And he told me that the reason why they stopped using his music on the show is because the former executive producer, Michael Loman, didn't like it! And he claims that his music from Sesame Street is what people like the LEAST! But I LOVE his music, and all the songs on this album, and many more! But now that Michael is gone, they seem to be using some of it again. I mean, I bet that if Michael were still there, they NEVER would have included "Born to Add" as part of the timeline at the end of the special.

DancingLauren

Reaction score
So is "Born To Add" any good then? I never trust those parent reviews... those people have no sense of nostalgia. :frown: :frown:

WiGgY

Reaction score
Gee, parents don't like to listen to Sesame Street. Why not review the CD from your CHILDRENS' piont of view? Stupid parents.

Drtooth

Reaction score
ssetta said:
That's so sad!! I hate it when even adults say that about Sesame Street! And you know what else? That's one of my FAVORITE SS albums! It was conceived and produced by none other than Christopher Cerf! I know him personally, as I have mentioned before! And he told me that the reason why they stopped using his music on the show is because the former executive producer, Michael Loman, didn't like it! And he claims that his music from Sesame Street is what people like the LEAST! But I LOVE his music, and all the songs on this album, and many more! But now that Michael is gone, they seem to be using some of it again. I mean, I bet that if Michael were still there, they NEVER would have included "Born to Add" as part of the timeline at the end of the special.
I don't know which review is more ignorant sounding... the first one told by parents of a 2 year old, or the one that prefers Hot Hot Hot Dance songs....

The other reviews were great. I really really want this CD, but I cannot find it anywhere. Only the Kid's favorite songs and Platnum compilations. I have Sesame Road, and I love it. If I coulkd find this, I'd buy it right away.

Wiggy hit the nail on the head! It's a review from parents who don't ccare. heck, they're buying it for kids too young to appreciate it (10 month old... yeah right!) not from the kid' POV or fans.

mupvisiongirl

Reaction score
Ok- from a Sesame fans point of view, Born To Add is super cute and fun. (With the exception of I am Chicken, I have no love for that song). The whole CD is really upbeat and sometimes I listen to it when I work out- I totally recomend it :sing:

DancingLauren said:
So is "Born To Add" any good then? I never trust those parent reviews... those people have no sense of nostalgia. :frown: :frown: