Your Thoughts: Muppets on the Nick & Jessica Variety Hour

Sunrise

Reaction score
wembleyfraggle said:
Where have you been? Piggy/ Fozzie and all of Oz's characters haven't been played by him in a while! Did anybody else notice how ugly Piggy was? :mad: Her build looked tiny. Her face looked more like Annie Sue! I thought I heared somwhere that they were supposed to announce their new tv show.

Ty
Ok, obviously I've been out of the loop. My first love is Sesame Street, but I'm a classicist and I don't watch the new stuff.
So I don't care much for the characters being played by other people. I know that's the reality of the situation, but...it still stinks.

GonzoPimp

Reaction score
The Muppets in this show were ok. Not good not bad. I know they are playing it safe and testing the waters over at Disney. I think they passed. That’s good, though if they are taking the Muppets on the Family Entertainment Route it bothers me a bit. For me, that’s not entertaining.

It goes back to Snoop being cut out of the Christmas Special. I mean, come on! When you look back at old Muppet Stuff, it was filled with people who used Drugs or did other things that didn't fit into the Christian norm. So why did they bend to pressure and to cut the Dog out? Looking back I'm sure they regret it.

So I'm glad we will be able to see them again- so others can know who they are- but I will never forget who they were.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Sunrise said:
Ok, obviously I've been out of the loop. My first love is Sesame Street, but I'm a classicist and I don't watch the new stuff.
So I don't care much for the characters being played by other people. I know that's the reality of the situation, but...it still stinks.
I completely utterly and totallt disagree with that entire statement.

I think anyone who continues a role is doing a good job, especially Eric, who has been doing a better job with Piggy than Frank Oz as of late.

I know you are a classic perfectionist, but I real-ly have to say that if not for continuers, half the Muppet canon would be missing, we have anough gone as it is. I mean, if not for continuers, only Gonzo, Bunsen, and Rizzo would be left. Frankly, I do not understand how it could be offensive, since they are all doing a good job of brining classic characters back and into the future of the Muppets, and not just letting most of the characters fade into obscurity.

Emerald

Reaction score
?

wembleyfraggle said:
Where have you been? Piggy/ Fozzie and all of Oz's characters haven't been played by him in a while! Did anybody else notice how ugly Piggy was? :mad: Her build looked tiny. Her face looked more like Annie Sue! I thought I heared somwhere that they were supposed to announce their new tv show.

Ty

Well, to be honest, I personally have been submerged in my own collection of Muppet videos and DVD's rather than chasing after the new stuff like "Very Muppet Christmas". (I was happy to see that "Muppet Family Christmas" finally make it to DVD, though.) I hadn't noticed this change, either, until I saw the Pizza Hut commercials. So when did Frank Oz stop doing her voice? Didn't he do Miss Piggy for "Muppets from Space"? I think that was the last new Muppet thing I had seen before this last month, but I didn't remember noticing a different voice for that.

The times they are a changing, and I don't know if I'm a fan of it yet. :sympathy:

Emerald

Reaction score
Okay, nevermind, I just found an article about Frank Oz. I hadn't realized that had happened, although I knew from my cousin's internship on Sesame Street that he didn't do much anymore there.

Well, I guess if we are to have Muppets at all, we have to put up with the cast changes. Although, at some point, maybe all good things must end. What would the Beatles have been like without John and George, as they would be without them now?

Change is hard.

Whatever

Reaction score
Is big city. Is peoples. Is tomatoes.

Or something like that.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Emerald said:
Well, I guess if we are to have Muppets at all, we have to put up with the cast changes. Although, at some point, maybe all good things must end. What would the Beatles have been like without John and George, as they would be without them now?
I do not think that Jim Henson wanted to see the Muppets end when performers pass on or leave. Jim Henson's legacy is that "The show must go on," IMO. even if the projects stink, the magic, wonder, art and skill of the muppets is present in everything, be it Sesame Street, Muppet movies, muppet appearances, even commercials. The skill, artisanship, puppetry, and love are why the Muppets should never end. After all, it's not like the puppeteers cannot stand what they are doing, and hate eachother. There's definately a brotherhood in the muppetry troope.

All things must end, yes.... but I'd rather see the world end first than the Muppets!

janicegroupie

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
All things must end, yes.... but I'd rather see the world end first than the Muppets!
Very well put. I totally agree! Actually I like, totally agreed with the whole post but I really liked that quote. Anyways about the show I thought the whole show was dumb and was ready to turn it off at any minute but I sat through it for the Muppets. The things I'll do for them. :smile: Yeah, but I did really like their whole appearance on it. I found it very funny and exciting just to see them on tv. Their appearance was short but so were the other guests so I wasn't really expecting anything longer. So overall a bad show but the Muppets were like, totally awesome. Fer sure. :flirt:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Dedication... you wanna talk about dedication? I sat through the WHOLE thing, skipped out on my favorite show (the only live action, nonpuppet show I watch, actually) Arrested developement just to see if they were to come back. I'm a muppet loyalist... or, since I sat through the whole painful ordeal, maybe a Muppet Extreemist! Ouch!

They did have one blooper at the end, though, where Jessica said "Mr.Piggy" by Mistake, and Kermit says something like "I do not like being called that!"

Jessica Simpson sucks, but at least she has good taste in the way of Muppets.... :eek: