New Series 9 line up!

What series 9 figure are you looking forward to most?

• Fozzie with Chuckie

Votes: 14 16.5%
  • Pops with Gaffer

Votes: 36 42.4%
  • Lips with Java Muppets

Votes: 25 29.4%
  • The Swedish Chef

Votes: 10 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
SEE THE BLUNDERBUSS HERE, bork bork!

(BTW, I googled the pic; dunno who that is holding it, but for size knowledge I chose to pic a photo with a person in it. Wow. You should see the photo of what that gun does to a turkey!)

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
This thread is curious...

OK, I have a few questions here regarding this new lineup, because it opens up a whole slew of questions...

A: What happened to the original Beaker mold??? Not that it was drop dead awesome, but why get rid of it?

B: This is also good news that it's gone, cause we might actually see a pop-up headed Beaker at some time!!! How friggin awesome is THAT!!! With more of the current turtle-neck style. Sweet.

C: I didn't read every post here, but is anyone else wired about Gaffer??? I know that the accessories are subject to change due to financing, but that is the single most looked after accessory for my collection...

OK, that's my slew. More like a few. See ya in two.

Fozzie

Reaction score
I voted for Lips although shouldn't his "skin" be a lillte lighter? And I would have rather had the MTI Gonzo/Rizzo 2-pack than the Swedish Chef.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
To clear up a few things...
1 Fozzie, yes, the skin tone on the Lips figure will be worked to Palisades Muppets figure perfection.
Did noone take to heart the safety that it would undergo transformation in its color similar to what happened to Lew Zealand? Not worried about that one.
2 CapBackfire...
a It's not that the original Beaker figure mold has been gotten rid of by Palisades. The thing is that it, and the mold for all S1 and S2 figures are currently being held hostage by the first factory Palisades got to make those first two series. The various body parts and remoldings have been implemented on previous releases, but unless Palisades rescues those molds any reissues of those figures would have to be mostly new sculpts like Dr. Teeth and/or Dr. Bunsen Honeydew.
b Beaker will have pop-up head mechanisms, at least a version of him. The Mini Muppets version of Beaker that will be available with Wave 3 of the Minis will have the retractable head action. And while it won't have that same action feature, one of Super Beaker's interchangeable heads is molded/sculpted to look like it's been retracted and/or exploded.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know if Yorick will be included with the Uncle Deadly figure? I can recall where, but I thought I read somewhere that he would be. For that matter, has there been any talk of having a Sam and Friends spin off series of figures? I realize Sam and Friends is not directly linked to The Muppet Show, but I thought it'd be good to ask. I know I'd love to own such collectibles.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apparently Henson nixed the possibility of a purple Yorick coming with Uncle Deadley. He will have a skull similar to what was in the Christopher Reeve episode.

There has been some talk of a 50th anniversary Kermit figure for next year like from Sam and Friends, but I haven't heard anything from Palisades one way or another on that.

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
What the HECK???

How the heck could they have a 50th anniversary??? Haven't the Muppets only been around for about 35 years or so??? ANd Kermit has only been around for Muppets and not for SS, RIGHT???

Maybe I'm crazy...

WiGgY

Reaction score
Um...what?

The Muppets began about 50 years ago. Kermit has been around for 50 and I think Rowlf has as well. Not to mention the Sam and Friends muppets from about 50 yeatrs ago. And Kermit was absolutly with Sesame Street. He's not owned by Sesme Workshop, but he did star on that show once upon a time.

The muppets go beyond Sesame and The Muppet Show. They've been doing stuff for a long time.

Aerosmith

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
Apparently Henson nixed the possibility of a purple Yorick coming with Uncle Deadley. He will have a skull similar to what was in the Christopher Reeve episode.
Last I heard from Ken said that Henson nixed the TMS skull too.

matleo

Reaction score
I voted for Lips. Althought right now I think Pops is the best sculpt. Lips is the figure I really can't believe is being made and I really can't believe we're finally getting. Overall, Series 9 is the one I'm the most excited about. Lips, Pops, and Tux Fozzie are 3 of the figures I've wanted most since this line started and the accessories with each sound really cool. Of coruse we still have to get S8 out there first too! Those will be some fun guys.

--Matt