The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

Fozzie

Reaction score
On MCC when Bean bunny was having to curl up in paper because he was cold and homeless.

Reaction score
Definitely the saying goodbye scene and the end scene of MTM. My sister was in a chorus concert and one of the groups sang "Saying Goodbye." It made me cry the instant I heard the music. It was a nice surprise. :smile:

satay chicken

Reaction score
I'm a big wuss. I cry with anything that has a good instrumental backing :embarrassed:

So, it's understandable that my tear-jerker moments are:

1. Opening credits to TMM. Darned "Rainbow Connection" gets me everytime.

2. Gonzo's "I'm Going to go Back There Someday". I'm listening to it now. Ahh, such a wuss! :rolleyes:

3. "The Magic Store" at the end of TMM. Did I mention that I have a thing for rainbows?

4. "Bless Us All" from AMCC. Tiny Tim! :cry:

5. Gonzo deciding to stay at the end of MFS: "I love these guys. I belong here. This is my home." :sympathy:

I missed the episode of Sesame Street when Big Bird found out that Mr. Hooper died. By the sound of it, that's probably a good thing :frown:

~~ Sarah

Mark Filton

Reaction score
Verrrrry good thread. My PC was acting up. I am back.

The ending of the Muppet Movie. A poor frog realizes his dream...and SHARES his wealth with others :big_grin:

All of the nice messages make us miss Jim Henson so much :cry:

How can we just "get over it?" :concern:

Always missing Jim we are :sympathy:

SpudMahna

Reaction score
My moment may sound strange, but...

In MTM, in the scene where Scooter hugs Fozzie goodbye, you can briefly see Richard Hunt's hand under Scooter. That gets me every time because i know that i never met Richard and he died about a month before i was born. I know it would have been a pleasure to meet him.:cry::cry::cry:

MustangRockstar

Reaction score
Muppet Family Christmas. Seeing Jim Henson in the kitchen brings a tear to me eye because of the gift he left this planet. I never met him, i wish i did, but if there was ever a person in history who inspired me to go against the grain and just create for the joy of creating, it was him.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I've got one and forgive me if this was already mentioned here before. I saw the episode of TMS with Madeline Kahn the other day and I liked the part when Gonzo overheard her talking to Kermit and she said that she didn't want to marry Gonzo. Then Gonzo started singing his wishing song. That nearly brought a tear to my eye.

rexcrk

Reaction score
*hasn't read any posts :rolleyes: *

-When Kermit is singing "Rainbow Connection"
-the parts in "Muppets Celebrat Jim Henson" when they're singing "Bein' Green" and it's showing all that stuff with Jim Henson and the part where they are reading that letters from the fans.
-the "saying good bye" song in Muppets Take Manhattan

Elizabeth

Reaction score
Ol' Buddy Bert said:
ps - At the same time, I think Ernie and Bert's friendship never had a finer moment than in their interpretation of the story "The Gift of the Magi" in "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street. " Their scenes were so well played and well acted, hitting all the right notes. That too has brought me to tears as I recall good friends just like Ernie and Bert who have been an intergral part of my life.
Love that sketch!!!

Elizabeth

Erine81981

Reaction score
rexcrk said:
*hasn't read any posts :rolleyes: *

-When Kermit is singing "Rainbow Connection"
-the parts in "Muppets Celebrat Jim Henson" when they're singing "Bein' Green" and it's showing all that stuff with Jim Henson and the part where they are reading that letters from the fans.
-the "saying good bye" song in Muppets Take Manhattan

The same here rexcrk. The goodbye song gets me everytime I hear it. I know this might be to much but thats one song I would like people to play when I pass away. It just seems good to know almost as good for Jim Henson as well.