The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

wockawocka

Reaction score
"Saying Goodbye", "I'm Going to Go Back There Someday", Kermit singing "The Rainbow Connection" at the beginning of The Muppet Movie, and the finale of The Muppet Movie.
That's all I can think of right now.

Wow, it's so good to be back here. I was gone for too long.

janicegroupie

Reaction score
kenobikenobi said:
The last episode of Fraggle Rock always gets me... Even as a young kid, I was always very excited when I saw that episode because Doc finally got to meet the fraggles...

The last couple of episodes of Fraggle Rock get me, in fact. it's such a pretty thing. I just like how everything starts to come together towards the end and all these truths become realize. It's just beautiful. :smile:

Fraggle Rock was a very well made show.
I totally agree with you. I just saw the last 3 episodes of FR for the first time since I was a kid and they got to me too. Just seeing how the Fraggles, Doozers, Gorgs and Doc realized how they connect together is just amazing. Also on the last episode when at the closing theme they have all the FR characters singing the theme song just makes me cry for some reason. It's just so cool to see and a really special moment. I didn't want it to end. Fraggle Rock really was an amazing show.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Saying Good-bye to Jim Henson

Hi there. :smile: I have been a muppet fan since Sam & friends,& still am a huge muppet fan even today.My favorite muppet moments,that I shed tears :sympathy: to were:
1)The Muppet Movie ending with all the muppet characters,but my heartstrings were plucked when the rainbow comes through the ceiling(and that little bit of music that accompanies the rainbow),makes me cry every time.
2)Jim Henson's passing away.We all love him & miss him deeply.What moved me was when his wake was shown on tv,all his family and friends sitting with their butterflies & Jim Henson's son Brian reading his dad's eulogy.Very moving moment. :cry:
3)Richard Hunt's passing away.He gave us such wonderful characters such as Jr. Gorg,Janice,etc...Richard is totally missed,fer surely.

Gonzwella

Reaction score
So sad.......

The Love led us here song(tears) and that whole scene in Muppet Christmas Carol where they're talking about Tiny Tim. *Sob* But really, the Muppets are so upbeat, it's hard to think of really sad moments.

-The Gonzwella Experience : :zany:

Dash X

Reaction score
'This looks familiar...... vaguely familiar.....', Gonzo, The Muppet Movie, usually gets me.

As for non-movies Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson, and the Fraggle Rock episodes 'River of Life', and 'Change of Address'

G-MAN

Reaction score
There was this this one Fraggle Rock episode that always brought tears to my eyes was "Gone But Not Forgotten" with Mudwell We taped it around the time my grandpa Frank was sick and dying (1986), so both me and my mom connect the song "Just a Dream Away" with him.

Bear Man

Reaction score
Gotta be during the tribute to Jim Henson when the Muppets realised he'd had died...sure the song was the clincher - but the quiet devastation of all of them - and the poignant absence of Kermit - when they read the letter of commiseration from the kid...that's the moment that got me

sherocks

Reaction score
I missed the Jim Henson tribute the Muppets did so I will have to go with the death of Mr. Hooper (Looper). I remember when it happened, but I don't remember crying. I saw it again as an adult & I balled my eyes out. It was so sweet how the human & Muppet characters were trying to explain it to Big Bird. This is so silly. I am holding back tears now (& I'm not a crier).

I clearly remember the day Jim Henson died. I watched a tribute on one of the news programs & balled. He was a huge part of my childhood. I liken it to the nice neighbor who would give you little gifts every once in a while. Some were educational, some were just for fun & all were great (even the rubber band airplane)! Even though you've grown up & moved away, when you hear he died you are devastated. That is what Jim is to me. I am so glad one of his family members took the reins.

Muppet Crypts

Reaction score
#1 "Saying Goodbye"
#2 "The Kermit-Piggy Marriage"
#3 When Big Bird found out Mr Hooper was not Coming Back
#4 The RainForest Story on "the Storyteller"
#5 When Pepi saves the Theatre in the X-mas Special
Thats my Top Five OK!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Drum Eater

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the most tear-jerking, but when Kermit gets amnesia is The Muppets Take Manhattan that is pretty sad. I couldn't stand Kermit not knowing he was Kermit! :smile: