The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

fatblue

Reaction score
Most tear-jerking moments

For me? Well, I would have to say the vintage sesame street clip of Kermit in the forest singing 'It's not easy being green'.

And yes, 'Saying Goodbye' MTM was pretty sad also.

dancingmandygrl

Reaction score
*Tear*

:cry: I just heard Music Box-instrumental version, and it was beautiful.. Guess what else just made me cry? I heard "The Sesame Street Cast - Everyone Likes Ice Cream / C Is For Cookie / Peanuts Bert And Ernie Sing-Along" It had Mr. Hooper singing with them, and it just tore me up..

Also..some big tear-jerkers of mine are
Back there Someday TMM

The Scene in FTB where Big Bird can't hug Snuffle-upagus. Also in FTB where Big Bird is singing the Blue Bird Song... That whole movie gives me tears.. OH-and the scene where you see Bruno carrying Oscar's trash can.. Why did Bruno have to leave Sesame Street?? :concern:

Ernie Singing I Don't Want To Live On The Moon makes me cry everytime I hear it. It's a speacial song to me because My Mom and I always sang it together when we saw it on Sesame Street, and before I went to bed. I love Ernie. Anytime I hear him singing, it just makes the tears pour, or non-stop smiles come up.

I wasn't around to see the show dedicated to Jim, but I still feeld sad. The only innocence left in this world is Muppets and Sesame Street..even they are getting corrupted by the terrible ways of our world.

Mr. Hooper's Death..It's not the same on SS without him.. He was so kind.. Especially on SS Christmas. When Bert and Ernie exchange gifts, it brings tears to my eyes.

:cry: The ending scene of TMM.

TMTM when they sing Saying Goodbye.. :'(

I'm just an emotional person when it comes to the Muppets and Sesame Street. They played such a big part in my life.. They gave me such a strong and happy look towards life. All my childhood I thought life was like theirs, but it turned out to be....worse...

*sigh* I'm crying now.. g2g

~Me

SNLIM

Reaction score
'i'm going to go back there someday' [gonzo], 'saying goodbye' [cast], and there's something about a scene in 'follow that bird' when big bird is painted blue and singing behind bars that's just really sad...

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
My most tearjerking moment? Many of them have already been said.
The Muppet gang approaching Kermit from behind as he gives his "Don't you have dreams" speech in TMM is a big one for me.

Another one for me was the result of a Sesame Street TV Christmas Special that aired one Christmas Eve several years ago. Forgive me, I can not remember the name of it but it starred the Sesame gang and it involved Oscar telling Big Bird that Santa Claus was not real. The real tear jerker for me was coming home from a family gathering that evening to find that my dad had recorded the show for me and my siblings. He popped in the tape and when I saw full body Sesame characters skating on ice that first time I lost it. It was a wonderful Muppet moment on the eve of the most wonderful holiday.

:stick_out_tongue: :frown: :zany:

Lisa D

Reaction score
What is it with Christmas & the Muppets?

I don't know what it is about the Christmas specials, but there hasn' been one yet that doesn't get me to this day. Someone else mentioned the SS Christmas when Oscar tells Big Bird that Santa can't possibly get to every child on Christmas Eve, pointing out that 123 Sesame Street doesn't have a chimney for Santa to come down. The image of Big Bird sitting on the roof, desperately waiting for Santa, shivering like mad because it's so cold that icicles are forming on his beak...I'm getting misty now just writing about it.

The Christmas special at Fozzie's Grandmother's didn't make me cry at the time, but looking back it's hard not to feel a little sad when I see Jim Henson looking out at them all and saying how glad he is when they're happy, then turning to wash the dishes.

In the last Christmas special I lose it when Kermit vists Miss Piggy in the world in which he was never born. It's a funny scene, I'll grant you, but there is such an underlying sadness in that scene that I start crying from the moment she opens the door.

Ousdie of Christmas, the song "Saying Goodbye" gets all of us I think; no one who loves the muppets could ever be okay with them going their seperate ways.
:cry:

Of course the best thing about tear-jeker moments with the muppets is having the confidence to let yourself cry for that moment because we knows that it will ALWAYS be okay in the end. :big_grin:

superfan

Reaction score
ah, geez, guys...

I feel everyone's pain, I really do! Something about the magic of all this really touches people's hearts. I have yet to meet a person who doesn't like SS or TMS and so on.

The most tearful moments are:

1. When the muppets finally realize who Jim Henson is and why they're having a tribute; they start reading all these letters from kids who are saying how much they miss Jim and how sad they are. (*choke!)

2. Maria and Susan and Bob with genuine tears in their eyes looking up at Big Bird..."He's not coming back, Big Bird." (*sob!)

3. The songs from the SS Christmas special are so lovely. I can barely sing the first line of them before getting choked up.

4. The Fraggle's idealistic outlook and optimism and the songs that compliment them.

Reaction score
i love it's not easy being green, seems to sum up my disposition nicely............................ although i'm not green, obviously. :confused:

i also love the moment in TMCC when kermit and robin are singing on their way back from church, gets me every time! :smile:

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I bought a few Muppet Show videos,one with Linda Ronstadt on it. When I heard her sing 'When I grow too old to dream', tears started pouring down my cheeks.

Bill

Reaction score
Reading this topic.. that makes me cry. But yeah, everything in here makes me cry. And when I think about the shorts with Jim Henson that were filmed when he was on the set of Muppet Vision that were on Nick every so often, It makes me sad... Jim Henson was such a wonderful man. He was more muppet than any of the muppets. That's what makes me the saddest the most.

toughrabbit

Reaction score
I agree with the many people who picked the "Saying Goodbye" sequence in MTM. Just the other day I was listening to that song and considering requesting that it be played at my funeral. I was trying to decide if it would make sense in that context.

I have never heard of The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson. I'd really love to see it. Is there any way to track down a copy?