What are your Muppet childhood memories?

frodis58

Reaction score
My memories go way back.
I can't remember life without hte Muppets.
For me I was born in 1977 and watched The Muppet Show
and Sesame Street from day one.
My Parents deserve credit for my early years since I didn't
have control over what I watched.
I was mezmorised from the begining.
Like I said I don't recall life without Muppets.
I remember going to see The Great Muppet Caper in the theater
and that was like the biggest deal to me (seeing the Muppets on a big screen) And when I got a little older and Fraggle Rock came out(My family
wasn't fortunte enough to have cable but my Aunt would tape episodes for
me. I remember it was 6pm or 6:30 that it aired and every day (even though
I couldn't watch it,) I would think about it at that time and know that
somewhere in the world people were watching the magic.
I have never stopped loving the Muppets.
Thats all for now :smile:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
frodis58 said:
My memories go way back.
I can't remember life without hte Muppets.
For me I was born in 1977 and watched The Muppet Show
and Sesame Street from day one.
Yay! I'm not that much of an oldie! Someone else in here was born the same year as me, and I was one of the people across the US that experienced the magic the same time as you!

tiggie0686

Reaction score
I would come home every day and watch Sesame street in kindergarten.

My parents had recorded tapes of the muppet show that I would watch over and over again...I loved the Swedish Chef, Animal, and Sam the Eagle the best. I like Statler and Waldorf, but I never understood them until I got older...now I think they're absolutely hilarious. :big_grin:

McFraggle

Reaction score
I used to watch Sesame Street and Muppet Babies all the time.
I think one of the first movies I ever seen on video was the Great Muppet Caper.
Of course later was Follow the Bird, the other Muppet Movies up to that time, and Fraggle Rock.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Hooray! I just got the Fisher Price "Muppet Players" 4-pack figure set I won from eBay! These are the little guys I had when I was a little brat. This is so cool! I'd post a link to the pics, but the seller removed them already. I'm pretty sure the Collectibles Section of MC has a pic.

***chilhood memories come rushing back in 3D!***

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Well for me,Muppet memories started with Sesame Street,about '72;classic SS. The Muppet Show when it aired & in syndication.The Storyteller/Jim Henson Hour,Dinosaurs,Fraggle Rock & Bear in the Big Blue House(when I had cable),John Denver's Muppet Christmas,The Frog Prince(my brother had the soundtrack on a record album),Musicians of Brehman,Follow that Bird,The Christmas Toy,Muppet Babies. I got to see TMM,Dark Crystal,The Labyrinth & TGMC,MMC,MTI,MFS in the theater(s) when they originally were released. Still haven't seen TMTM all the way through,one of these days.

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
Sesame Street, Muppet Show and Fraggle Rock were all part of my growing up. I saw all three of the original muppet movies in the theatres, some more than once.

I also remember playing with my Sesame Street Fisher Price playset with the finger puppets with my friends next door.

I used to have a Rowlf hand puppet that I played with a lot as well, pretending to do Rowlf bits from the show, like when he plays the piano during the end credits.

I also used to record all the Muppet Show openings on audio tape by sticking my tape recorder up to the TV. I guess recording entire episodes would have been too hard for me at the time.

I also remember getting scared at some of the monster sketches, particularly when they ate another muppet.

Reaction score
I have no Muppet Show memories, My earilest muppet memories are from Muppet Babies, Sesame Street, bits and pieces of Fraggle Rock, and a Muppet Christmas Special in which I belief Swedish Chef was trying to butcher Big Bird.

I remember when I first saw how the actual muppet version of Rowlf looked when I was 4 or 5, I was frightened because baby Rowlf is not an exact match to his older self, especially when you compare their faces.

I remember thinking Floyd Pepper (though I didn't know his name at the time) looked an awful lot like one of my uncles. Anymore I realize it's not Floyd who looks like him, its the Frank Oz muppet who looks like my uncle.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
I remember when I was like six I had this totally cool little kids keyboard that had the muppet babies on it and it played muppet babie music and stuff.