Backstage Playset

FRANC MAS

Reaction score
Does anyone know when the set is actually coming out. Collectors Paradise is taking Pre-Sales, shipping in August. Is this going to be part of series 8 or 9. I think Muppetscentral merchandise list should be updated, it does not match PalisadesToys. One more question, does anyone know how big the Backstage Playset is going to be? THANK YOU GUYS. :confused: :confused:

Whatever

Reaction score
It'll come out no sooner than September, indeed I heard that it might be pushed back to November. I don't remember how big it'll be, but it's the biggest one yet.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Now it's slated fro November which would be series 10. This is the last playset currently planned (that does not mean the last EVER, just the lst planned to do at this time). It will be $50 (most likley because Palisades does not have a major retailer signed up to take it).
Also, Sweetums has NO accessories. No club.

Scout Master KErmit will not be in 2004, nor will Robo Buster Bunsen. The Minis will not be in sets. TRU has not signed up to take the repaint Mega Gonzo and Ken said they probably won't take Animal2.

rexcrk

Reaction score
The playset being 50 bucks?! Wow... I'll have to see it in person before I spend that kinda cash on it. Then again, it's probably gonna kick major butt :smile:

WiGgY

Reaction score
It's like twice as tall as the chef kitchen with 2 and 1/2 levels. It even has some accessories including a victrola that can not play Jonny's records but CAN fit Lips' records. I think it's worth it.

In person it will be the same size as the Chef box because you have to assemble it. So, that really doesn't do much for you I guess.

Whatever

Reaction score
Wiggy, I swear you have ESP to know this stuff. I'm over at Palisades everyday and never heard that announced.

WiGgY

Reaction score
It's in the press release. Also, series 9 will be 12 dollars a figure, the back stage is now a super deluxe playset, and each figure apprently comes with a buddy starting in series 9 (pack-ins).

dmx10101

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
Now it's slated fro November which would be series 10. This is the last playset currently planned (that does not mean the last EVER, just the lst planned to do at this time). It will be $50 (most likley because Palisades does not have a major retailer signed up to take it).
Also, Sweetums has NO accessories. No club.

Scout Master KErmit will not be in 2004, nor will Robo Buster Bunsen. The Minis will not be in sets. TRU has not signed up to take the repaint Mega Gonzo and Ken said they probably won't take Animal2.
So basically the line is falling apart.