Backstage Playset

WiGgY

Reaction score
Eh, they've been in worse spots.

I wonder what would have happened if Kermit and Piggy were never short packed and Piggy had her hair down. Hmmm...

They aren't falling apart. It's just no major retailer like Target or TRU (TRU hasn't taken series 8, but they do have some time left) has the line, so volume goes down and prices go up. If Disney actually bus the muppets and starts pushing them into the public things may change. Prices might fall and more stores may take them, but right now prices are going up, but you do get a little more for your money. More pack in figures is always good. Uncle Deadly comes with a muppet ghost that is worth the increase. Lips has the Java Muppets which is just great since the song is played primarily by trumpet. Nice fit there. Fozzie has CHUCKIE for crying out loud. So, just because the price is going up a bit and less stores are carrying the line does not mean that the line is going down. I think even the Simpson line was dropped from a lot of TRU stores and that went for 14 series not to mention all the playsets and special series. So, buck up.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wiggy,

Thanks for the updates. The MC list should be current now. Please let me know if anybody sees anything else that we need to change.

rexcrk

Reaction score
All these price raises! :eek: *gasp!* I gotta find a way to earn some cash...

WiGgY

Reaction score
Expect color tweaks and what not, but that will likely be the picture on the box. To really see what that set is all about, wait until it's time for Palisades to start showing final shot pics. That's when the fun begins.

Too bad none of the doors open.

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
Crap in a hat...

That kinda sucks that the doors don't open. For 50 bucks that might be an option that they might reconsider (if it's not coming out for at least another 6 months, that might not be out of reach).

I've seen bigger playsets (sheer size mind you) for 50 bucks that had opening doors and stuff. I just don't want to risk opening the doors myself, as a modification and blowing the 50 bucks I spent on this thing. ]

I'm certain the quality will be there, and the news of the working victrola is awesome indeed, but it sure better have some other accessories for that kinda change.

ALTHOUGH, in argument of my very own arguments... This IS a smaller line than the other sets with the 50 dollar playsets, and even WITH working doors, those don't sell very well either (TMNT and MOTU for those who are wondering. If I see those on clearance anywhere, they will certainly be in my collection to be used with Muppets... HAHHAHAAHA... It's a disease!)

That's my two cents.

WiGgY

Reaction score
it's got as phone, scounces, coat rack, victrola that fits Lips' records, maniquin (sp?) and I think that is all.

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
Well...

OK, in understanding that this line is maybe some kind of burden at best... But a burden of love!!!! For whoever takes it on... I won't complain about doors. I can modify doors with a little effort and ingenuity. And I can sell the idea to other Muppet Lovers for 85 cents (that's the going rate for my ideas these days. At least ones that don't deal with liver sausage. Those are cheaper). I thank God every day or so that Palisades took this labor of love on themselves so that the rest of us can benefit.

I would just like to completely BEG them to try and put in working doors. If you guys can't (over at Palisades) I understand totally. I am just ASKING with all of my soul. :stick_out_tongue:

Thanks!!!

And if you do some research, you can see that I have never asked for ANYTHING of Palisades before. Simply nothing. Well, some info, but that was all. You were giving that out anyway!!! Come ON!!!

Just kidding. Peace.

caper

Reaction score
Why??

Why are they keep delaying the Rowlf with backstage playet? First it was on Series 8 and then 9 and now 10. It'll be the end of the world and my muppet collection will not be complete because of the reg. Rowlf is getting pushed. What's the deal?