Favorite Characters Then and Now

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I think the older I get, the more I like the Count, The Amazing Munford, Cookie Monster, Biff and Sully,Guy Smiley, Don Music, Forgetful Jones, Erine and Bert, Grover, big Bid! and some other who I forget. I used to think that were just so silly when I was younger. But I am finding myself loving them all more the older I get. I've always loved Kermit and Snuffy, though.:smirk:

anytimepally

Reaction score
I just want to say how brilliant whoever came up with the idea for the Count is (according to Muppet wiki, Norman Stiles).. I mean, he's a Count and he counts.. that's just genius

Crazy31088

Reaction score
Then: Cookie Monster, the Two-Headed Monster, and Big Bird.

Now: Ernie, Grover, and Placido Flamingo.

FuzzMonkey

Reaction score
My favorites have pretty much remained the same over the years. That would be Bert, Ernie and Grover.

superboober

Reaction score
Oscar has always been my favorite and almost certainly will hold this honor (not for him, of course) till the day I die. Grover and Cookie held second and third, and Grover's risen higher these days given that he's still the Grover everyone knows, while Cookie finds himself increasingly shackled. Others I look back highly on now are Sherlock Hemlock, Forgetful Jones, and Don Music.

Nyperold

Reaction score
Man... you know, I don't remember who my favorite was back then...

I'm not a big fan; it's really more nostalgia for the show and remembering elements of it... Rosita, maybe? She's got the Español thing going for her, I guess.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I've always been a big fan of Cookie Monster, personally.:insatiable:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've been on a Cookie kick for quite a while now, so I'm really glad that he's been getting his own segments lately, like Crumby Pictures, and Smart Cookies, they've both been very enjoyable.

When I was little, Big Bird was my favorite, so it always feels like he was the first best friend I ever had. As a teen, I went through an Elmo phase: I enjoyed Elmo's World in the beginning, and Kevin just did a phenomenal job in bringing so much life to the character . . . but once the "Elmo takeover" starting setting in, the character lost a little of its appeal. Later in my teens, I went through a really big Grover phase, I nearly wore out my DVD of "A Celebration of Me, Grover," and I was stoked when he appeared on Jimmy Kimmel one night (and even got into a little tiff with Tim Daily).

I've also gone through brief little Snuffy and Count kicks in the past. But that's one of the things that's so great about SST, there's so many wonderful Muppet characters and they all serve their own little purposes and add something different to the show.