It's Official: Disney completes Muppet acquisition

McFraggle

Reaction score
Jennifer said:
Besides, both Disney and Jim Henson were architects of my childhood dreams. So why shouldn't they collaborate? :smile:
They were of mine too. I think that is one of the reasons I am looking forward to seeing what comes out of the deal.

MuppetVision

Reaction score
I excited...I think Disney will do cool stuff with the Muppets, I'm all for it!

BeekerJoe

Reaction score
lets see what happens before we assume the worst

Some disney movies are geared toward adults. We may be surpised at what they can offer us. Hopefully some new adventures for our muppet friends. :eek:

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
beaker said:
I will say Emperor's New Groove, Fantasia 2000, and Tarzan are the best looking/coolest Disney animated features Ive seen ever. Sorry to the purists.
The 90's was badddddd tho. Hurcules, Hunchback, Beauty, Pochahontas, etc.
*shivers* Aladdin was cool, if only for Robin Williams.
HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME IS THE MOST AMAZING PIECE OF DISNEY MOVIE-MAKING EVER!!! CAPICHE?

hehe...im lovely really!!!

But how can you say those movies are bad? Any bit of Hunchback with the gargoyles in was awful; but the rest is perfect. Beauty and The Beast is fabulous too!

Lisa D

Reaction score
I think most people, even the most vehement Disney haters, would have to admit that there's at least one Disney movie that they love that fires up their imagination and is smarter and more sophisticated than they expected. I would love to be in the optomistic camp when it comes to this buyout--especially since it's a done deal and there's nothing I can do about it so being upset is kind of a waste--but there is another side to Disney's history. Yes it is a company that encourages creative and fun projects, but Disney also has a legacy of sanitization. Mulan may be a fun cartoon, but it sure isn't the legend that I heard growing up or read as an adult. Disney's history is also not filled with stories about the company's they buy up maintianing any real sense of idividual spirit. A company like Pixar had to struggle for every scrap of independence even though it was their unique approaches to animation and fantastic writing that made them good enough to catch Disney's attention in the first place. It isn't ignorance or fear of change that makes people concerned about the takeover (well, not entirely) or the belief that Disney is evil (well, not entirely) so much as it is the sorrow of seeing what we love be altered to suit Disney's purposes instead of through natural growth and development.

McFraggle

Reaction score
TuttertheMouse said:
HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME IS THE MOST AMAZING PIECE OF DISNEY MOVIE-MAKING EVER!!! CAPICHE?

hehe...im lovely really!!!

But how can you say those movies are bad? Any bit of Hunchback with the gargoyles in was awful; but the rest is perfect. Beauty and The Beast is fabulous too!
I agree Tutter, the 90s are probably the best decade any animation studio ever had. "Beauty and the Beast," "Aladdin," "The Lion King," "Hunchback...," "Mulan," and "Tarzan" are all in the upper tier of the company's features. "Beauty" was nominated for Best Picture for crying out loud, how can you say it is an awful picture. :crazy: