Best Muppet Special

Barry Lee

Reaction score
We've had great Muppet Specials over the years what are your favorite Muppet Special and what do you like about the specials??
Here are some of mine:
"Emmett Otter's Jugband Christmas"-First off,wonderful music.I love Kermit
in this special.It's that CLASSIC muppet charm you know?It's just a great
70's special.If you never seen it rent it.
"Muppet Family Christmas"-Also Wonderful,The only thing is Sweetums wasn't
in the television special.

What are your favorite specials??

Beauregard

Reaction score
What? No Sweetums? Gosh, I hadn't notied that...

Guess there wouldnt be room for him to hang up in teh closet with Animal and teh overgrown Lizard...

So...

My fav (and I've only seen one....) is Muppet Family Christmas.

fozziebearcub

Reaction score
yup

Muppets Family Christmas is best so far, fantastic crossovers and songs done it for me

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
Muppet Family Christmas is the best Henson production ever. Period. As others have said, the songs and crossovers are great. But, my favorite part is the Swedish Chef--he's hilarious in this special. For me, this is the absolute peak of the Muppets.

The Muppets: A Celebration of 30 Years is also very good. It was the first time I saw any of the older Henson stuff. The banquet format of the show was extremely well done and a good setup for including so many characters.

Third place goes to John Denver and The Muppets: A Christmas Together for the music (best version of the 12 days of Christmas ever).

janicegroupie

Reaction score
My favorite since I was a kid has always been Muppet Family Christmas. I enjoy watching it all year round. It really is so special seeing all the Muppets together, singing and just having a good time. I always wished I could spend Christmas with the Muppets too :flirt: I'm also a huge fan of the Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson. It's such a great tribute to the genius who created the whole Muppet world. I always love being able to see clips from his past productions too which makes it really cool. I so wish I could see the Muppets 30th anniversary special because from what I've heard about it it sounds like one that would make my list too.

goldenarrow05

Reaction score
Mfc

Definately has to be Muppet Family Christmas for me. It combines two of my favorite things, Christmas and the Muppets, and its really awesome to see Jim Henson at the end, it makes me all warm inside... and i really want his suit :stick_out_tongue:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Muppet Family Christmas is wonderfully made... I'm not sure that it's my favorite, but it probably is.

On the note of Jim's appearance at the end, I was just thinking something last night... it seems many times in Muppet productions like Jim Henson sorta takes Steve Whitmire under his wing... sorta training him like. In that end scene, he's standing their with Sprocket (someone's gotta wash the dishes).

I dunno. Maybe it's just me... but it also seemed that way reading an interview of Steve Whitmire (I forget where it was). It talks about Jim wanting to find a new character for Steve to play. It was a few months before his passing.
Amazing Mumford said:
Third place goes to John Denver and The Muppets: A Christmas Together for the music (best version of the 12 days of Christmas ever).
Hehe. Actually, to me, that was the WORST special ever. LOL

Whatever

Reaction score
Amazing Mumford said:
Muppet Family Christmas is the best Henson production ever. Period. As others have said, the songs and crossovers are great. But, my favorite part is the Swedish Chef--he's hilarious in this special. For me, this is the absolute peak of the Muppets.
Fer sure! :flirt:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Does "The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson" qualify as a special? That's one of my most favorite. Yeah, it's very sad, but it was the first time I saw anything about Jim Hensons personal life, and all the wonderful ideas and experiences that made him the man he was.

Otherwise, yeah, Muppet Family Christmas, and I did enjoy "A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie". Kermit was Kermit in that one y'know? Like the good 'ol days. That was cool. Also, in the Jim Henson Hour where it was all behind the scenes, that was kinda a special, and really good!