Best Muppet Special

hal

Reaction score
Hands down, Muppet Family Christmas

frodis58

Reaction score
Muppet Family Christmas has to be # 1!
It was the coolest Muppet episode ever!
Just seeing the whole gang (wish Sweetums and Cantus could be there)
But it was a historic special!
#2 would have to be Muppets celebrate Jim Henson.
There are so many cool clips in here and alot of emotion at the end
of the show.
# 3 for me is The Muppets go to the movies.
This show is so hillarious I never get sick of seeing it.
For historic (among others) reasons The Muppet Show
Sex and Violence ranks in the top five.
John Denver and the Muppets -A Christmas together
and The Muppets go Hollywood rank up there too!
Oh and "Of Muppets and Men" and "Down at Fraggle Rock"
Man is there anything these guys did that wasn't GREAT!?

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
Hehe. Actually, to me, John Denver and The Muppets: A Christmas Together was the WORST special ever. LOL
Fair enough. After thinking about it, I agree the special itself is pretty boring. But, it's got great Christmas music. Maybe that's just my favorite Muppet special soundtrack. LOL.

Beth C

Reaction score
I've got 3 that I like.

John Denver "Rocky Mountain Holiday" now there's a special. I love camping in the great outdoors and the songs are so catchy to me. (Can you tell I'm a JD fan??) Also the way he handles his outburst to Robin, it's not often that adults will apologize to kids nowadays. I loved the whole thing. I just makes me all squooshy inside.

The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson. Oh, this one brought tears to my eyes the first time I watched it. I still can't watch the ending with the letters without crying. It lets you realize just how special Jim was to the world.

and lastly

Muppet Family Christmas - oh the interaction between all the muppets and fraggles. I especially like the 'Kermit worries about Piggy' storyline and the we he shows he does care for her.

Well those are my 3 favs. I gotta get more specials.

~Beth C

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
  • "Muppet Family Christmas" --- the best Christmas special ever, hands down...and that perfect "country Christmas" feelin'...*sigh*
  • "John Denver and the Muppets: Rocky Mountain Holiday" --- it's a wonderfully down-home, country, fresh feel that I associate with a lotta my Muppet childhood memories (I grew up watchin' 'em in the country), and it's the only special where Janice has arguably more screentime and lines than Piggy (heh)
  • "The Muppets: A Celebration of 30 Years" --- a room full o' slabs o' Muppets from about every Muppet production, in the grand '80s style of specials that had appearances by Bob Hope, Carol Channing and the like; the Muppets knew how to do an anniversary and they did it right.

:flirt:

Klonoa

Reaction score
Same thing with me on John Denver and the Muppets Christmas Special. I remember the good music and that's about it.

Muppet Family Christmas is pretty good.

The Muppets: A Celebration of 30 Years...I remember that now. That and the one Jim Henson Hour that was a behind the scenes look...I learned a lot with those two. Interesting stuff.

I think my favorite special, though, is Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas. I had that book, too, by the original author.

--Klonoa

Beauregard

Reaction score
I forgot Cwelebration of 30 Years.

That is also amazing...

BlueAM

Reaction score
My faves:

#1: The Muppets: A Celebration of Thirty Years: I like this because of ALLLLLLL the Muppets sitting at tables, the clips and montages, and Jim's cameo.

#2: A Muppet Family Christmas: I like this because of the Muppets/Sesame/Fraggle crossovers, the singing in unison, and many other stuff. Did I mention - again - Jim's cameo?

# 3: Sesame Street: Twenty and Still Counting: I like much of the scenes, especially those with Anything Muppets, LOL!

#4: Of Muppets and Men: I really enjoy the workshop scenes, especially the Whatnots, LOL AGAIN!

BlueAM

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Actually, I think my favorite is probably The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson... that ending is just beautiful.