End of "Friends"

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Anyone want to talk about the end of "Friends"? What did you all think? I was very satisfied by it. Everyone was taken care of--nobody stranded. Good stuff.

PukkaPukka

Reaction score
I, too, thought that the final episode tied everything up - as it should. I enjoyed it as well, although the ending was slightly predictable. Nevertheless, I cracked up with that "flange" remark, and the answering machine message building up to Rachel's comeback. Now, it may be cliché-ridden, but it's still some darn good writing and performance. Top notch.

Also, did anyone else laugh senselessly with the whole "twin" scenario. I thought it was pretty great...anyone else?

>Adam

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
I just finished it.

Oh, man...I've got that "heavy" feelin'.

*sigh*

***SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS***

This is yer last chance to stop readin' if ya don't wanna know some stuff! lol

I loved the pre-show with all the hilarious and meaningful memories (PHOEBE was first! :flirt: ), and the final show impacted me more than I expected; simply cause since I've missed the last 2 years (accidentally), I didn't think it'd "get me" as much, but it did.

I loved how the writers had Phoebe be such an integral part with gettin' Ross 'n Rachel back together; if it weren't for her, Rachel'd be in Paris right now!

I also loved how Pheebs 'n Joey were together a lot in the stagin' o' the scenes (they're my 2 fav'rites).

I felt so bad fer the foosball table! :cry: It was a cast member in its own way fer 10 years, and I was sad to see it "end".

And how weird to see the apartment stripped! ("moving" series finales always get me..."The Nanny" at the very end was like 'at, too).

I will especially miss Phoebe. Phoebe Buffay was, to me, the most original, hilarious female character written fer a sitcom, played by, (again, fer me), the most comedically talented hilarious actress.

Man...thank God fer DVDs!!

:big_grin:

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
I hadn't watched "Friends" much this season because, to me, the acting felt tired and as though they weren't giving it their all. But this episode last night was funny and touching and all warm and squishy!

I didn't actually cry, which is a first, because I was a mess when "Cheers" ended and also every time I see the last episode of M*A*S*H. But I was glad how everything was tied up.

I liked how at the end that the camera panned over the empty apartment. What was really funny was when Joey said, "Has this place always been purple?" :smile: I always wondered why nobody ever commented about that.

Lucky for us, just like Byron said, we have DVDs so we can always have our "Friends" with us.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I thought it was great--even though elements were predictable, they were predictable in the way I wanted them to be. I also thought they managed to keep it funny even when it was sentimental, which "Friends" has always been terrific at doing. Chandler's whole "twin medallion" thing was a riot!

:smile: :cry:

ceecee

Reaction score
I thought it was pretty good, although predictible. I was a little weepy at the end though.

It was funny how Phoebe kept trying to make it into a musical.

I thought that we'd find out about Joey's big move to California, but I guess we'll learn more when "Joey" starts.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I missed it due to a school function, but I'm sure it'll rerun here pretty soon...or as they like to call it, an 'encore'

oOoanimaloOo

Reaction score
I watched all 2 hours of it and loved every minute of it. I loved the whole Chicken Jr. and Duck Jr. in the fouse ball table it is gone (you know were going to see that on Ebay soon!) I started to scream with joy when Rachel said "I got off the plane" but may I say that I was really distraght when Rachel origanally said "I can't I have to get on the plane." I also enjoyed the part where Monica told Ericka "weve dicided to call the baby girl Ericka" and then Ericka says " Hey thats just like my name."
I also enjoyed the whole hour before where they showed the best moments of all the characters. And they showed my favorite episode "The Appartment Battle!" My favorite line of all times "thats Mrs. Chanadler Bong to you!" Or the episode where the pigeon flys in and Rachel gets it in the pot as she says " OH My God, OH My God, OH My God, OH My God, OH My God!"
Over all I was a very happy camper.

P.S. Can't wait to watch the spin off "Joey"

-Scarlett