End of "Friends"

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Amazing Mumford said:
Friends generally appeals to a younger demographic (thus more ad dollars for NBC). Who knows how many dorm room TVs were tuned in every Thursday?
Ya i know that. I didn't think Frasier is going to win to many people in the younger dempgraphic age like Friends did. I tend to think of Frasier as the comedy for the more older sophisticated person. But enough about Frasier...this is a Friends thread!

ryan

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I hope I remember to watch the finale of "Frasier." I don't see the new episodes that much, but I watched it in syndication all the time until they replaced it with more local news. :grouchy: Definitely one of my favorite shows. It will be interesting to see how it turns out.
Erin

scooter289

Reaction score
Ah yes, the last Friends! It was really great. IT was funny and moving and alot of moments that you wish would last forever. Not to mention all the funny lines they all said. It was fun while it lasted.

Ross: I'm not gietting you a muffin!

Chandler: Oh sure, this is the face of two people in the know.

Joey: Hey! That pregnant girls name was Erica!
Chandler: If only you two had more time together.

Ross and Pheobe: GET OUT OF THE CAB!!!!!!!!!!

Monica: It must be hard for you two. Here, I'll do it. *Starts breaking into fooseball table*

Rachel:Ha! Ha! I told you I had my boarding pass.........and your a diffrent person.

Zelda Rose

Reaction score
Friends......and Frazier

DMX Said:
I've never seen the show,
I always knew we got a long for a lot of reasons! :wink:

Ok, I guess I never wanted to see the show because of all the "hoopla" that everyone made over it when it first started....then it became a staple of Americana, and I revolted against that too, so when it ended then I just didn't care. Ok, I do admit to seeing the last 2 or 3 minutes of the last episode (but I was waiting on ER to start!) and it was touching....except for the fact that you could see that the "babies" were dolls....and not very beliveable ones at that.
:smile:o Oh jeeezzee, I'm gonna' get yelled at here, aren't I? :embarrassed: )

I hate to admit this here, but I've NEVER seen an episode of Friends, and I don't intend to watch it in it's re-runs. Like I said, I guess I'm just "bucking the establishment" on this one. Now I am a Frazier fan and I'm sad to see it go....it's incredible to think that one character has been around, on 2 different shows, for 20+ years.....WOW! I wish that the company would give Frazier the plugs that Friends got.......it's really a show worth watching. I'm also ashamed to admit this, but when "Sex In The city" starts on one of the "Turner" channels here..........I'm going to watch that one.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Zelda Rose said:
Ok, I guess I never wanted to see the show because of all the "hoopla" that everyone made over it when it first started....then it became a staple of Americana, and I revolted against that too, so when it ended then I just didn't care.
:smile:o Oh jeeezzee, I'm gonna' get yelled at here, aren't I? :embarrassed: )

I hate to admit this here, but I've NEVER seen an episode of Friends, and I don't intend to watch it in it's re-runs. Like I said, I guess I'm just "bucking the establishment" on this one. I'm also ashamed to admit this, but when "Sex In The city" starts on one of the "Turner" channels here..........I'm going to watch that one.
I too, get really irritated when everyone makes such a hubbub about "the next big thing", but I always give it a chance. When Friends first aired, I didn't watch it for the first coupla weeks, but when I did finally see an episode, I loved it almost immediately, and became a lifelong fan. I did lag for about two seasons, I think they were 5 and 6, but that was just due to my life getting very busy. I have now seen every episode, and it will forever be my favorite sitcom. You should really give it a shot sometime. Ya, I didn't yell! :smile:

As for Sex In The City, good job on your decision to check it out, it's very smart, and super funny!

Zelda Rose

Reaction score
:halo: (wipes sweat from forehead) WHEW!

Thanks for not chewing me out on the "Friends" issue...................I was really scared to post it, but like I always say "Opnions are like bellybuttons, everyone has one and some aren't so pretty." (Ok, you know the "real" quote, but I cleaned it up so I could use it in public.)

So you say that "Sex" is good, huh? I know that :flirt: Chris Noth (former Law And Order) is on it as "Mr. Big".........he can be MY "Mr. Big" ANYTIME! :flirt: Don't ask, he just does something to/for me!!!!! What a hunk! But wait! Did anyone see him on the "Issac Mizrahe" (sp?) show? :eek: YIKES!!!!! He looked BAD, I mean REALLY, SUPER, SICKLY, ona weeks drunk binge, BAD.....and Issac STILL came onto him!!!!! :eek:

MJTaylor

Reaction score
I have to admit, I've never watched Friends. Like Ryhoyarbie I prefer Frazier. I can't wait to see the last episode of that!

janicegroupie

Reaction score
I saw the last half of the friends season finale last week when it aired and wasn't that crazy about it. I heard so much hype about it through out the week I guess I was expecting something life changing BUT then I watched the whole episode yesterday and I totally loved it. It totally was not missing anything. I guess coming half way through last week took away from the greatness of it. Yeah but I liked everything that everyone's been mentioning. Hearing the answering machine and then seeing Rachel appear at the end of it was really touching. Phoebe was hillarious throughout the whole thing with the musical and her screaming at Ross. So yeah if you had asked me last week I would have said it wasn't that great but now my vote is in for like a great ending to the series.